Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 2.0 Released
With more people buying SSD’s, Paragon have just released some software to help you migrate your existing drive to your new SSD. It’s called Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 2.0, and read on for more information.
Ready to upgrade to a new Solid State Drive (SSD)? Paragon’s Migrate OS to SSD is just what you need. Our handy intuitive wizard performs fast and safe Windows migrations to new storage devices (HDD or SSD) and even downsizes to smaller capacity drives, thanks to advanced new data exclusion capabilities. You can transfer a live system with no impact to your work, and have your partitions automatically aligned in the process if needed.
- Migrates Windows to larger or smaller storage devices in a single operation
- Supports any Windows since XP (including Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2)
- Automatically aligns partitions on the destination disk if necessary
- Automatically detects and copies MSR for successful migrations of Windows 7
- Allows the user to exclude data during the process in order to fit the destination disk
- Processes locked (in-use) disks with MS VSS to migrate without rebooting Windows
- Includes Paragon’s time-proven move/resize functionality
- Guarantees safety for the system and data.
Here is the full press release:
One-Step Process Simplifies Migration to Faster SSDs
IRVINE, Calif., March 17, 2011 – Paragon Software Group (PSG), the leader in data backup, disaster recovery, and data migration solutions, announced today that it is now shipping Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 2.0. According to an IDC Outlook report last year, shipments of solid state disk drives (SSDs) are expected to grow 14 percent per year with a compounded annual growth rate of 54 percent through 2013. As people take advantage of the drives’ better access time, read/write speeds, and resistance to physical shock from drops, the challenge becomes moving massive amounts of data, applications and the operating system to a smaller SSD format.
Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 2.0 meets this challenge by providing an intuitive wizard designed to simplify the migration process for SSDs. Paragon Migrate OS to SSD automatically downsizes the source system volume, if needed; auto-aligns the copied system partition; and provides intelligent selection of specific files for migration to smaller SSDs — all without rebooting the system.
“A little over a year ago, we began seeing system migration issues emerging around new SSD and 3TB drives,” said Tom Fedro, president of Paragon Software Group. “We designed our one-step migration wizard to quickly and easily provide a smooth migration process regardless of the operating system or size of the drives.”
Key features and benefits of Paragon Migrate OS to SSD include the following:
- Upgraded file exclusion technology increases migration speed up to 10 times faster
- Simplicity and convenience of a one-step wizard
- Automatic partitions resize capability (resolving issues migrating from HDD to a smaller SSD)
- Automatic partition alignment awareness
- Microsoft Reserved Partition awareness (resolving issues surrounding complete visibility of 3TB-drive space)
- File exclusion/selection capability
- Hot copy, without system restart
- Smooth migration process regardless of the operating system
Pricing & Availability:
Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 2.0 is available for $19.95 via download from http://www.paragon-software.com/technologies/components/migrate-OS-to-SSD/
About Paragon Software Group
Paragon Software Group is an innovative software developer focused on two dynamic growth markets. The company’s comprehensive product line for the data storage market addresses the needs of data security, storage and management for PCs, servers and networks. A second portfolio of products focuses on mobile productivity applications for handheld devices. Founded in 1994, Paragon Software has offices in the USA, Germany, Japan, Poland and Russia delivering its solutions to consumers, small business and enterprise clients worldwide through a network of Value Added Resellers, distributors and OEMs as well as online through the company website. Paragon Software provides technology to a host of world class companies and partners including Cisco, Dell, ASUS, Seagate, Buffalo, Iomega, Siemens, Lenovo, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, and more. For more information please visit the company website at www.paragon-software.com.