Step By Step Bare Metal Install of A Windows Home Server 2011
28) Once the installation properties has closed go to the “Start Menu” and click on the “Windows Logo”.
29) Right click on “Network” and click on properties.
30) In the “Open Network and Sharing” Box on the left hand side click on “Change Adapter Settings”.
31) Right Click on the Network Interface Card and click “properties”.
32) Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 “IP4” and click on the “Properties” button
33) In the “General” Box click on “Use the following IO address” and Give your Home Server a Static IP, Then Click “OK”.
34) From this point if you have not already done so plug in any disconnected internal hard drives and/or unplugged external drives as originally recommended as an optional safety net, please plug them back in as well.
35) So you do not have to rebuild everything from ground zero if something were to go wrong during your install do a system backup of the system drive before continuing on with the rest of your Windows Home Server 2011 install.This concludes the Step By Step Bare Metal Install of A Windows Home Server 2011 Good Luck!
Acknowledgement - I want to give a personal thanks to forum member Geoff Coupe in finding the link in the Microsoft Forums on this variation on how to change the default Workgroup Name in which I used in this article.