How to Change the Boxee Box Screensaver to Show Your Own Slideshow
D-Link have posted a short how-to guide for Boxee Box owners who want to use their own slideshow as a screensaver.
Here is what they posted:
One of the neat features available on the Boxee Box by D-Link is the ability to use your own snapshots or other images as the screensaver slideshow if you’re tired of the default Boxee icons. It’s definitely a nice surprise for you or your guests when you switch on the TV and automatically see a slideshow of pictures from your recent family reunion or your kid’s last birthday party.
This feature is easy to set up, and all you need is an SD card or USB flash drive with your images on it. Here’s how to do it:
- Create a folder on your SD card or flash drive named “Slideshow” and place the pictures for your slideshow inside.
- Plug your SD card or flash drive into the Boxee Box and navigate to Settings > General > Screensaver and change the screensaver mode to “Slideshow.”
- Select the “Slideshow Folder” option and a dialog should appear which allows you to select the folder your slideshow will come from.
- Select the “Slideshow” folder on your SD card or USB drive.
- Click on the “OK” button on the right hand side of the page, and your personal slideshow screensaver should now be fully functional.
You can now preview your screensaver to make sure it works, and then proceed to impress (or embarrass) your friends with the pictures they didn’t realize you took at the party last weekend.
Have you got a Boxee Box? What do you think of it?