QNAP released a beta for TurboNAS 3.6.0 on December 22nd. Read on for details.
QNAP recently released a beta version of their TurboNASs firmware, now at 3.6.0 beta. I missed this while on vacation; sorry to be a bit late reporting it!
Here are the release log details:
– VPN Service (with OpenVPN and PPTP services)
– LDAP Server
– Photo Station
– Music Station (with web streaming and USB speaker support for local playback)
– QPKG Center (with revamped UI for easy online installation)
– MyCloudNAS 1.2 (with Email invitation and password reset functions)
– Enhanced Web File Manager (with public file sharing link feature and advanced upload function for over 2GB file
– Experimental Windows ACL (with Windows native user permission settings)
– Windows Utility: NetBak Replicator 4 with Email notification
– Windows Utility: QNAP Finder with iSCSI /Samba Plug & Play for easy connection
– Windows Utility: MyCloudNAS Connect for quick remote VPN connection
– (QPKG) Squid proxy server 3.1.16
– Add Multimedia Station, Photo Station, Music Station, Download Station, UPnP Media Server, and iTunes Server for TS-x79 series
– Added RTRR & Rsync bandwidth control
– Updated the built-in UPnP TwonkyServer to 6.0.38
– Added Surveillance Station camera support for the following new IP cameras: AXIS 241S, VIVOTEK IP8330, PZ7151/ 7152, Brickcom CB-100Ae, CB-100Ap, CB-102Ap, FB-100Ae, FB-100Ap, FD-100Ap, FD-130Ap, OB-100Ap, VD-130Ae, VD-100Ap, VD-130Ap, WCB-100AP, WFB-100Ae, WFB-100Ap
– HDD standby mode will be interruptted daily by UPnP router port forwarding service.
That looks to be a pretty comprehensive update; if you have an eligible unit and want to try out the beta, go ahead and download it! The button below will take you to the download site where you can get the package for your unit.
[button link="http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53579" style="info" window="yes"]TurboNAS 3.6.0 Beta Announcement[/button]