Catalyst Components has launched the Pritect Sensor Cover, the first and only product designed to address security and privacy issues surrounding the Xbox 360 Kinect and Kinect for Windows.
When the Kinect for Microsoft Xbox 360 launched in 2010 the world was so captivated by this exciting new way to play video games via motion control that it became the Guinness World Record holder for fastest-selling consumer electronic product. With over 18 million sold to date, that’s great news for Microsoft, but questions of in-home security and privacy have continued to plague the platform ever since.
Pritect eliminates view of distracting LED indicator and infrared sensor lights for optimal use in the video display area of any home theater environment.
Pritect has been designed to seamlessly slip on and off and will not harm or damage sensor surface.
Pritect will not alter standard functions such as voice commands or calibration procedures, but simply eliminates the light necessary for the camera to operate.
- Designed specifically for Xbox 360 Kinect and Kinect for Windows
- Designed to obstruct Kinect’s camera view when not in use
- Ensures privacy and security against potential prying eyes
- Blocks LED and infrared light for home theater environments
- Protects optical lenses from dust and debris
- Does NOT interfere with voice command or calibration
- Easily slips on and off Kinect
- Conforms to Kinect’s sleek black aesthetic
- Available at Best Buy, Microcenter, Target and Amazon.com
- Suggested Retail Price: $14.99
- Made in the USA
[button link="http://www.pritectcover.com/" style="info" window="yes"]Learn more from the website[/button]