The guys over at Plex have updated their Plex for Google TV app, bringing lots of fixes.
Plex in a nutshell is a media platform that runs on Macs, PCs and Linux that is capable of organizing your media so that it can be viewed by any Plex Client in a beautiful to see and easily navigable form. In addition to allowing you to view all of your music, photos and videos it allows you to get to online content from many of your favorite online providers from the comfort of your couch using just a remote control – no need to type all that “www” mumbo-jumbo… no need to sit through an entire newscast for the weather. This is the best of both worlds.
Plex for Google TV of course works WITH your Plex Media Server to offer up your music, video and photos on your TV! Plex Players are available for Windows, Mac, Samsung TVs, Roku, Android, Google TV and more…
What’s in this version:
- FIX Subtitles sometimes fail to render
- FIX Problems connecting to PMS
- FIX Play button not on Details Page
- FIX Usernames are not optional for myPlex signup
- FIX bad servers were being displayed on Settings page
- FIX webkit channels displayed pixelated
- FIX Server side preferences were not getting properly displayed
- FIX video playback issues
- NEW Home screen with UX optimized for Big Screen
- NEW dts and ac3 can now be toggled on/off
- NEW support up to 8 channel transcode
- FIX In app Search functionality
If you have tried it let us know your thoughts.
[button link="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plexapp.gtv&hl=en" style="download"]Download from Google Play now[/button]