Raspberry Pi progress update from RS Online
Those few very lucky people at the front of the queue will be getting their Raspberry Pi’s shortly as they are now shipping, I got an email from RS Online with an update.
This is the email I got last night from RS Online:
Check out our Raspberry Pi coverage from the Beeb@30 event
Great progress this week on moving towards deliveries and mass production…
- Together with the Raspberry Pi Foundation we’ve successfully completed compliance testing and certification work for CE, FCC and C-Tick.
- This means we are now starting to ship our share of the first 2000 boards that arrived in the UK last week.
- We have opened our dedicated Raspberry Pi Store to those lucky people who were first in the registration queue to place their orders.
- Now that the Raspberry Pi boards are compliance certified we have triggered our manufacturing processes to move into volume production.
- As new batches of Pi’s become available over the coming weeks we’ll be inviting the next in-line into the Raspberry Pi Store to place their orders.
- The next batch is already in production so we’re expecting more deliveries shortly and we’ll continue to keep you updated via our regular email and online FAQs.
And while we’ve been compliance-testing the boards, a number of engineers have been road-testing the product! You can see some first reviews of the Raspberry Pi at DesignSpark.com including Raspberry Pi and Custard. As the anticipation continues to build, our Pi Perspectives are getting lots of attention too – these are the views and opinions of leading academics and scientists across industry and education.
With any luck, by the time you read your next weekly update, the first Raspberry Pi’s will be out in the world. Thanks for your continued patience and please rest assured that your Pi will be on its way as soon as we can bake it!
Have you ordered one? Let us know if you get yours before us, or even after us.