Snapseed app for iOS updated to version 1.4; brings Retina support
We first told you about Snapseed back at Christmas when Apple gave it away free for a day as part of it’s 12 Days of Christmas campaign. Now it’s been updated to include support for Retina.
Snapseed is the only photo app you’ll want to use every day. It makes any photograph extraordinary with a fun, high-quality photo experience right at your fingertips.
Anyone can enhance, transform, and share their photos with ease using incredibly advanced features from the leader in digital photography software.
What’s New in Version 1.4
• Support for the iPad 3rd Gen Retina display
• iOS 5.1 support
• Share even further—Open your Snapseed-enhanced images into Instagram and send them on their way! It’s never been easier to show off to your friends on Instagram or even to open images into your other favorite iOS photography apps
• Square is the new square—Speaking of Instagram, we squashed the bug that caused some odd lines appearing in images cropped as 1:1. Square images will be truly square now, we promise!
• Beefed up Black & White—We love monochrome a lot, having developed the world’s leading professional black and white software in Silver Efex Pro. Snapseed gets even more of that mojo with new algorithms and color filters for superior enhancements and control. Plus, presets will help you get started faster
• Center Focus magic—Taking a cue from our professional filters product, Color Efex Pro, we’ve improved Center Focus to make it even more powerful. You can now draw attention to the subject of your photo by adjusting the brightness of the inside or outside of your image. You can enhance the overall effect by blurring, or turn it completely off to create vignette effects with ease. Oh, and did we mention that we’ve added presets to give you a starting point and save time?
• More crop fun—The Crop tool now includes 7:5 aspect ratio for all of you 5×7 printers out there