Raxco Software Releases PerfectDisk 12.5 Service Pack 4
Raxco Software announced the release of PerfectDisk 12.5 service pack 4 today. Read on for details!
Raxco announced the releaser of Service Pack 4 for PerfectDisk 12.5. First, some background on Raxco:
A Commitment to Superior Technology and Customer Support
For over 30 years Raxco Software has developed award-winning defragmentation solutions and performance utilities that improve hard drive and server performance, simplify system administration and help our customers work more efficiently –at home and at the office.
Raxco has consistently been the first to support and receive certification on the latest Windows versions, including Windows 7, Vista, Windows Server 2008, and more. PerfectDisk’s innovations, such as the patented OptiWrite fragmentation prevention, patented SMARTPlacement optimization, Virtual Aware defragmentation for VMware’s vSphere/ESX Server and Microsoft’s Hyper-V, total free space consolidation, large drive support, Active Directory integration, single-pass defrag, and proactive enterprise console alerting and warning, continue to set the bar for the defrag market.
PerfectDisk – The Smarter Way to Defrag
Our PerfectDisk products provide innovative defragmentation features and a host of customizable administration tools, making PerfectDisk the industry’s leading defragmenting solution. Plus, all of our products are certified for Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista.
A wide range of solutions cover the defragmentation requirements for desktops, laptops, servers, Exchange servers, Windows Home Server, and virtualilzation solutions from VMware, Microsoft and any Windows-based host system.
Meeting the Needs of Customers Worldwide
We serve a broad range of customers around the world through a network of international resellers and distributors in the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia, Latin America, South Africa, and the Pacific Rim. Over 25,000 companies worldwide, including Fortune 500 companies and leading government agencies, rely on PerfectDisk products to optimize their computer systems and networks, and manage enterprise-wide defragmentation with our systems administration tools.
PerfectDisk 12.5 Service Pack 4 (Build 311)
The PerfectDisk 12.5 Client and Enterprise Console have been updated to Service Pack 4 (Build 311).
The PerfectDisk Client contains the following changes:
- Fixed a bug in handling of missed schedules.
- Fixed a bug causing significant CPU consumption in the PDAgent service.
- Improved identification of snapshots and other virtual machine properties in vSphere virtual guest.
- Updated group policy files, including options for reclaiming free space before defragmentation, deleting temp files and emptying recycle bin in scheduled defrags.
- OptiWrite and auto optimizatioins are now by default disabled for new drives.
- Consistent setting of Disk I/O threshold in Stealth configuration across different PerfectDisk clients.
- Fixed incorrect enabling of boot time defragmentation and auto optimization on the drives set as excluded via drive options in global settings.
- Reclaiming free space before defragmentation has been enabled as an option in config.ini.
- Changed handling of the drives not present in a VM in virtual guest.
The PerfectDisk Console contains the following changes:
- Improved spacing of table columns.
- Fixed an error in synchronization with PD 11 clients.
- Fixed inconsistentsy between console and client alert settings.
- Fixed incorrect handling of free space options and Kernel and user mode CPU settings during assignment of configuration profiles.
- Improved handling of alerts.
In PerfectDisk, users can click Help then Check for Updates to immediately update to SP4, or wait for AutoUpdate.
If you are using PerfectDisk, go get your update!