Verizon Preorders for Samsung Galaxy S III Begin June 6th
Verizon announced that pre-orders for the Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone will begin at 0700 on June 6th. Read on for details.
Samsung’s most recent Android smartphone with Android 4.0, the Galaxy S III, will be up for pre-orders on Verizon here in the US on June 6th at 0700 Eastern time. We told you about the phone’s announcement here.
Here is some of what Verizon’s pre-order page is saying:
The next big thing is coming to America’s Largest 4G LTE network.
- Innovative sharing capabilities and new intelligent features.
- 8.0 MP rear camera with zero shutter lag.
- Vivid 4.8″ HD Super AMOLED™ display.
- Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich.
A Higher Standard of Coverage
Among the four major wireless carriers, only Verizon’s 4G network is 100% 4G LTE — the gold standard of wireless technology. And Verizon 4G LTE is available in more than 250 cities, covering over two-thirds of the US population. That’s more 4G LTE coverage than all other networks combined.
Verizon 4G LTE means real-time responsiveness. Apps. Games. Movies. Seamless streaming. And pics and flicks downloaded in a blink. Do it all on the largest 4G LTE network in America.
Go Beyond Sharing
Now your digital content moves as fast as your life does. Maybe even faster.
- S Beam. “Beam” photos, videos and music between Samsung Galaxy S III devices simply by touching their backs.
- Share Shot. Connect to a nearby friend’s Galaxy S III and share photos with each other instantly.
- AllShare Play. Connect and stream multimedia content to your Samsung SmartTV or compatible home audio systems, tablets and laptops.
A Smarter Smartphone
So smart, you’ll think it can read your mind.
- Pop Up Play*. It’s like picture-in-picture for your smartphone. Watch HD videos while you surf, email or text.
- S Voice. It responds to your words. You tell it what to do. Call Charlie’s Mobile. Play my work-out playlist. Find an Italian restaurant.
- Smart Stay. It knows when you’re watching. As long as you’re looking at the phone, it maintains a bright display.
- Motion Gestures. Swipe, and it captures the screen. Put the phone to your head, and it makes a call. Interact with your phone in totally new ways.
*Not compatible with Netflix, YouTube, Media Hub or DRM protected videos.
Amazing Camera. Best Photo.
Capture every moment with an 8.0 MP rear camera with zero shutter lag and LED flash, a 1.9 MP front camera, and HD video recording. And with one touch, you can take a burst of 8 photos — the phone will show you which is best.
Hardware That’s Hard to Beat
- Powered by America’s fastest 4G network — Verizon 4G LTE.
- See and do more on the stunning 4.8″ HD Super AMOLED™ display with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2.0.
- A 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 2 GB of RAM allows seamless multitasking without delay.
- Sleek, slim, and light, you won’t believe so much fits in one package.
Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich
Rethought and redefined, Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich brings an entirely new look and feel to Android. With an evolved user interface plus new look, screen, widgets, notifications and more, it’s simple, beautiful and brilliant.
There is no mention of world phone capabilities on Verizon’s page, leading me to believe that this will be a US-only LTE phone, but we’ll keep you posted. In the meantime, if you are interested in the S III on Verizon, head on over to the pre-order page and sign up for updates.Our Coverage of the Original Announcement Verizon Pre-Order Page