Microsoft Releases WHS2011 Update Rollup 3 Beta
Microsoft has released a beta WHS2011 Update Rollup for registered Connect users to test. Read on for details.
Microsoft has released a beta for WHS2011 Update Rollup 3, good through July 4th. Here is what they sent out:
This Beta guidance applies to following updates:
1. Update Rollup 3 for Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials (KB 2705117) Beta
2. Update Rollup 3 for Windows Home Server 2011 (KB 2705118) Beta
3. Update Rollup 3 for Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials (KB 2705122) Beta
4. Update Rollup 3 for Client (KB 2705129) Beta (This is the client package for UR3; It is included with the server package.)
Update Rollup 3 Beta includes 19 bugs fixes found since products RTM.
Please file bugs through connect feedback site, using “UR3 Beta Preview” in title.
2. Installation Guidance
Special notes-You will need to uninstall UR3 Beta once UR3 RTM is released.
1. Download the package to any folder on your server.
2. Double click the .msu file to install the package, make sure the package installs succeed.
3. Open the dashboard, navigate to Help->About, make sure the Dashboard version is 6.1.8800.16397
4. As part of UR3, you also need to install KB 2578133 from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2578133
5. To help us better understand the real customer impact for the bug fixes, we strongly recommend you to turn on the SQM reporting. To do that, open the dashboard, click Server Settings -> General, check the option of “Help us improve quality”.
You will need to uninstall Beta once UR3 RTM is released.
1. Open the Program and Features from Control Panel.
2. Select “View install update”
3. Search for the update KB name in the update list
4. Uninstall the UR3 update, as well as KB 2578133, and make sure the package uninstalled successfully.
5. Log on to the client computer, open control panel, follow the same steps to uninstall client update. Not you must first uninstall Server update before the client update can be uninstalled.