Apple releases Podcasts app for iPhone, iPod and iPad
Yesterday Apple release a standalone app for listening to and subscribing to podcasts and they called it Podcasts!
• Enjoy all of your audio and video podcasts in a single app
• Explore hundreds of thousands of podcasts including shows in over 40 languages
• Try the innovative new Top Stations feature to find new podcast series in a variety of topics, including arts, business, comedy, music, news, sports, and more.
• Browse by Audio or Video podcasts, or see what’s most popular in Top Charts
• Tap subscribe for your favorites and automatically receive new episodes for free as they become available
• Stream episodes or download to listen while offline
• Skip forward and back using simple playback controls
• Turn on Sleep Timer to automatically stop playing a podcast while listening in bed
• Share your favorite episodes with friends using Twitter, Messages and Mail
• Optionally sync your favorite episodes from iTunes on your Mac or PC
• Sync your episode playback for seamless transition between devices
• Requires a device with iOS 5.1 or later
• Optionally syncing episodes requires iTunes 10.6.3 or later
• Streaming or downloading episodes requires internet access over a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection
The Podcasts app is free and is compatible with the iPhone, iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation) and iPad.
I have tested the app and it’s very simple to use and now means I don’t have to sync podcasts through iTunes before syncing them to my device.
Have your tried it yet? Let us know what you think of it.