StableBit DrivePool for Windows Home Server 2011 Beta 126.96.36.19985 released
There has been another beta build from CoveCube! StableBit DrivePool development marches on – now its version 188.8.131.5285.
Here is how CoveCube describes this application:
- Combine all your hard drives into one big storage pool (except the system drive with the OS).
- Add and remove drives from the pool at any time without re-partitioning or manually moving folders.
- Create duplicated folders on the storage drive pool that are protected against single drive failure. If a drive fails on which a duplicated file was stored, the contents of that file will remain readable even without the drive.
- All your data is stored in standard NTFS files. You can always access your files even if the Windows Home Server completely crashes or this add-in can’t be used.
This beta version’s change log:
* [D] Handle MDLs sent down to the file system properly. MDLs are built by upper filter drivers to describe
requests that are not coming directly from the original caller. The filters expect the file system to use
the MDL instead of the user buffer. (e.g. this is sometimes done by anti-virus file system filters)
* Turned off write network I/O priority boost. (CoveFs_BoostNetworkIoPriorityWrite in .config)