StableBit DrivePool for Windows Home Server 2011 Beta 18.104.22.16898 released
There has been another beta build from CoveCube! StableBit DrivePool development marches on – now its version 22.214.171.12498.
Here is how CoveCube describes this application:
- Combine all your hard drives into one big storage pool (except the system drive with the OS).
- Add and remove drives from the pool at any time without re-partitioning or manually moving folders.
- Create duplicated folders on the storage drive pool that are protected against single drive failure. If a drive fails on which a duplicated file was stored, the contents of that file will remain readable even without the drive.
- All your data is stored in standard NTFS files. You can always access your files even if the Windows Home Server completely crashes or this add-in can’t be used.
This beta version’s change log:
* Fixed disk enumeration, where disks would not come out of a missing state or newly added disks would not immediately show up as being part of the pool.
* [D] Do not fail when a file needs to be extended due to a file mapping object.
* [D] Changes made to dirty pages in a mapped view (section), should be visible to non-mapped reads. In particular, this was breaking the SQL installer.