StableBit DrivePool for Windows Home Server 2011 Beta 18.104.22.16809 released
There has been another beta build from CoveCube! StableBit DrivePool development marches on – now its version 22.214.171.12409.
Here is how CoveCube describes this application:
- Combine all your hard drives into one big storage pool (except the system drive with the OS).
- Add and remove drives from the pool at any time without re-partitioning or manually moving folders.
- Create duplicated folders on the storage drive pool that are protected against single drive failure. If a drive fails on which a duplicated file was stored, the contents of that file will remain readable even without the drive.
- All your data is stored in standard NTFS files. You can always access your files even if the Windows Home Server completely crashes or this add-in can’t be used.
This beta version’s change log:
* [D] Got rid of short file name support.
* After removing a missing disk (not reconnecting it), the pool would still remain in missing disk mode, disallowing write access to duplicated folders until a reboot.
* Physical drive index was not being updated on reboot. Just a UI issue.
* [D] Fixed crash on resource exhaustion in the directory listing code. It will now return the proper error code. This was extremely rare.