Fractal Design unveil the new Define R4 case
Fractal Design have today unveiled their new case, the Define R4.
The Fractal Design Define R4 is the latest in the Define Series of computer cases offering minimalistic and stunning Scandinavian design fused with maximum sound reduction, configurability and functionality.
The Define R4 side and front door panels are fitted with dense, sound-absorbing material making it a benchmark for noise reduction. Moreover, the Define R4 accommodates up to 8 HDDs, all modern graphics card sizes, and multiple ventilation options – including two standard Silent Series R2 hydraulic bearing fans – to keep internal components at optimal temperatures.
For ultimate functionality, the Define R4 features a front interface with USB 3.0 and an integrated three-speed fan controller behind the front panel door.
- High density noise-reducing material for an optimal silent case – To achieve a high level of noise reduction, material with mass should be incorporated which is what we strive to achieve with the dense bitumen used on the side panels.
- Patent pending ModuVent design allowing the user to choose between optimal silence or maximum airflow
- Top HDD cage (5 trays total) can be rotated 90° or removed for additional airflow or to accommodate long graphic cards up to 430mm in length
- Three-speed fan controller is strategically integrated in the front panel and supports up to 3 fans
- Two Silent Series R2 fans included, featuring hydraulic bearings contributing to a longer life expectancy – Silent Series R2 retail fans will now come standard in all cases
- Wider case body that allows for improved cable routing behind the motherboard – now 26mm wide
- New tool-less front fan holder makes switching front fans a breeze
- Two SSDs can be mounted on the back of the motherboard plate
USD: $ 109.99
EURO: € 94,95
GBP: £ 79,95
We are big fans of Fractal Design and their cases here at CDW, and we can’t wait to get our hands on this new case! Expect a review soon.