Madden NFL 13 Demo Due Out for PS Vita Tomorrow
Sony announced on the PlayStation blog today that Madden NFL 13 has a PS Vita demo scheduled to drop on Tuesday August 14th. Read on for details.
Sony announced the availability of a demo of the new version of the venerable Madden NFL franchise for the PS Vita. On Tuesday, August 14th, you’ll be able to download a playable demo with last year’s Super Bowl participants and try your hand with the new features added just for Vita users. Here is part of the blog post:
The game is launching on August 28th, but I wanted to let you know how you can get your hands on the action early with the demo, starting August 14th. When designing Madden for PS Vita, the Dev Team set the goal of making the most complete Madden handheld experience to date, and without a doubt I feel we delivered it. Madden NFL 13 is visually stunning on PS Vita — seeing all the superstars decked out in their brand new NFL uniforms in HD on that gorgeous OLED screen really gets you excited for football season to start. The game is built from the Gen 3 engine, so if you are familiar with PlayStation 3, you will feel right at home here.
The game drops on August 28th, but in the meantime, try out the demo and see if you like the new control options. Here is a brief rundown on the game features:
- Only on Vita—The Vita’s front and rear touch screens provide an unprecedented amount of control and feature depth, from drawing hot routes to swatting passes and stripping the ball. Use the SixAxis Motion System to keep a runner in-bounds when tip-toeing down the sideline by tilting the Vita left or right to keep the player balanced.
- All-New Commentary—Every game has the feel of a nationally televised broadcast with CBS Sports commentators Jim Nantz and Phil Simms calling the action from the booth.
- Authentic Franchise Mode—Build the next great dynasty with the most robust Franchise Mode ever created on a handheld device includes expanded rosters, pre-season cut days, an updated rookie scouting system, a free-agent bidding system, player roles, in-season hot and cold streaks, and much more.
- Become a Superstar—Create an NFL Superstar and guide his career from pre-draft workout all the way to the Hall of Fame. Control the growth of your superstar with an updated progression system that allows you to earn skill points during practice and in games. Brand new position-specific coordinator audio coaches your growth on-field as an NFL player.
- Take Your Game Online—Battle opponents head-to-head over Wi-Fi or 3G, working your way up the leaderboards with every victory.
Go ahead and check it out tomorrow! I know I will!Madden NFL 13 Demo Blog Post