StableBit DrivePool for Windows Home Server 2011 Beta 184.108.40.20617 released
There has been another beta build from CoveCube! StableBit DrivePool development marches on – now its version 220.127.116.1117.
Here is how CoveCube describes this application:
- Combine all your hard drives into one big storage pool (except the system drive with the OS).
- Add and remove drives from the pool at any time without re-partitioning or manually moving folders.
- Create duplicated folders on the storage drive pool that are protected against single drive failure. If a drive fails on which a duplicated file was stored, the contents of that file will remain readable even without the drive.
- All your data is stored in standard NTFS files. You can always access your files even if the Windows Home Server completely crashes or this add-in can’t be used.
This beta version’s change log:
* Enabled 3rd party balancing plug-in support. To write your own plug-in see: http://wiki.covecube.com/StableBit_DrivePool_-_Develop_Balancing_Plugins
* Pool size chart vanished when pool had < 1KB of data.
* Balance ratio will not decrease unless pool has > 1MB.
* [D] Fixed real-time file size tracking issues related to multiple handles (will re-measure on upgrade).
* Added Settings tab to the balancing settings window. – Control when automatic balancing happens. – Control automatic balancing triggers. – Allow 3rd party balancers to start an immediate balancing pass at any time.