Two minute review of the Compro Technology IP540P Security Camera
It’s time for another of our Two Minute reviews, and this time it’s the IP540P security camera from Compro Technology.
The Compro IP540P camera offers Power Over Ethernet connection and an advance 340-degree panning with 100-degree tilting mechanical design for continuous movement, ideal for live monitoring locations need to follow a person or objects such as home, warehouse, small business or restaurant lobby area.
Who are Compro Technolgy?
From their website:
Founded in 1988, Compro Technology Inc, based in Taipei, Taiwan, is a leading manufacture of PC-TV, digital audio/video, and IP Security products for the IT and consumer markets.
Through innovative, reliable products and services; motivated and talented staff; responsible approach to the business; and collaboration with business partners and customers, Compro Technology is bring in an exciting new digital lifestyle to make the world a better and safer place to live in imaginative new direction.
Specifications and Features
- Power Over Ethernet design, no power adaptor required
- Pan/Tilt with 10x digital zoom
- Day & Night function, operates under all light condition
- Dual H.264, MJPEG or MPEG-4 video streams
- Megapixel and 1280×1024 HD resolution
- Support Active Bandwidth Management to get better video quality
- Network Bandwidth Detection to help users better defines appropriate video bit-rate for applications.
- Support SSL protection Hotmail and Gmail web-mails notification
- Support event based video recording to local (MicroSD/SDHC).
- Support live video watch in FireFox, Safari, Google Chrome web browsers. (with VLC Plug-in installed)
- Built-in microphone
- Two-way audio
- Panorama PTZ control
- Support SMS mobile phone notification
- Upgradeable external 3-input/3-Output module for alarms/sensors connection
- Exclusive Multiple Channels Management in IE
- Exclusive mobile device PTZ control
- Upgradeable Wifi USB module to 802.11 b/g/n wireless LAN
- Easy and smart installation
- Mobile connectivity