BT to offer free YouView set top boxes to new BT Infinity customers
BT has announced this week that it will offer a free YouView set top box with no TV subscription to new BT Infinity customers. Broadband customers not in an Infinity enabled area will also be able to get a free YouView box when they subscribe to TV Essential, starting at £4/month. Both offer a massive saving on the retail price of the YouView set top box, which is priced at £299 at retailers across the country.
With YouView from BT customers can enjoy:
• More than 100 digital TV and radio channels
• Seven day catch-up TV allowing customers to scroll back and catch up across all the channels from the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5.
• On-demand content from BBC iPlayer, ITV player, 4OD, Demand5, Milkshake and NowTV with more content providers on the way
• Access to BT Vision, the largest library of video on-demand on YouView, with over five thousand programmes, including blockbuster and classic films, the best UK and US TV shows, kids shows, sports and the only place where you can find the latest HD films and music videos on YouView.
• Self-install YouView HUMAX box – customers with BT broadband can be up and running as soon as it arrives
• BT’s YouView box comes with 500Gb hard drive, able to store up to 300 hours of SD TV or around 125 hours of HD TV
• All of this with market leading broadband, up to 8x faster than the UK average*
YouView’s unique programme guide lets users go back in time, so they can watch shows from last night or last week even if they forgot to record them, as well as record, pause and rewind live TV.
With the simple-to-use search facility viewers can find on-demand content by programme or genre.
YouView from BT will be available with all of BT’s TV and broadband packages and will launch on 26 October. Existing customers can also upgrade to YouView for £49.
Customers who register their interest in YouView in advance (with no obligation) at www.bt.com/youview will have the opportunity to be first to place their order for YouView, during an exclusive window between October 19-26. These customers will be sent an e-mail invitation with a link to a special web site.
I recently took out a BT Infinity subscription so I have just missed on on the free set top box but I might be interested in looking at it closer.
Are you interested? Let us know by leaving a comment below.