The Simpsons: Tapped Out Offers a Trick and Treat with Update
The Simpsons: Tapped Out is releasing a Treehouse of Horror XXIII-themed update. Read on for details.
The Simpsons: Tapped Out is releasing a new Halloween theme update for the game. In addition, tune in to The SImpsons on Sunday night on FOX for a clue that helps unlock some bonus in-game content. Here is what EA Mobile is announcing:
The Simpsons: Tapped Out Offers a Trick and Treat with Treehouse of Horror XXIII Themed Update
Fans Who Tune in to The Simpsons’ Special Episode this Sunday on FOX Receive Special Clue to Unlock In-Game Gift
This week, EA unveiled a major update to The Simpsons: Tapped Out featuring content from this Sunday’s The Simpsons: Treehouse of Horrors XXIII episode (Sunday, October 7 at 8/7 pm CDT on FOX). EA worked directly with The Simpsons award winning writers, producers and animators to integrate distinctive content between the TV show and game. As part of the update, game players will collect artifacts that help them unlock a trivia question about the episode. Then by watching the episode, they will see the answer which will help them complete an in-game quest.
Treehouse of Horror is The Simpsons highest rated episode annually and The Simpsons: Tapped Out is distinguished as the only game on the iTunes App Store to integrate with a current hit TV show. In addition to this substantial integration, The Simpsons: Tapped Out will receive a slew of additional content in this update including new game modes, characters, buildings and decorations giving fans the ability to collect a spooky tree or build the Springfield cemetery as well as enjoy new game modes including a zombie outbreak game.
This free mobile app brings to life TV’s longest-running comedy and has reached new levels of popularity reaching #1 spot on the iTunes App Store top grossing charts around the world. Fans are able to recreate and customize the iconic town of Springfield and play along with many of the beloved characters they have come to know and love throughout the show’s more than 20-year history.
- New Characters – Do a “diddily deal” with Devil Flanders, ride a broom with Marge the Witch, or enslave earthlings with Kang.
- New Buildings – Incubate zombies in the Springfield Cemetery, summon demons with the Heck House, or sell some cursed frogurt in the House of Evil.
- UFO – Build a Giant Space Laser and show those aliens once and for all who’s boss.
- Mysterious Artifacts – Find mysterious artifacts and uncover the secrets of the Ancient Mayan Calendar.
- Zombies –Squish Zombies as they escape from Springfield Cemetery before they can turn your favorite Simpsons characters into the walking dead!
The Simpsons: Tapped Out is now available for free on the iTunes App Store on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
So tune in on Sunday night, and check out the new Halloween theme!