Apple releases iOS 6.0.1 update, includes iPhone 5 fixes
Apple has today released iOS 6.0.1.
This is what is included in the update:
- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings
What I found interesting as an iPhone 5 user was that according to the list of fixes, the first fix fixes “a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air”. Well in order to install this fix, I first had to install a fix!
Before I could even start the download process for 6.0.1 I had to download and install an updater for iPhone 5 that fixes the bug that is included in 6.0.1. Yeah, I thought that odd too!