Verizon Wireless Updates Samsung Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean
Right before Christmas, Verizon announced that the Samsung Galaxy S3 on VZW was getting Jelly Bean. The update hit my phone today; read on for details!
Verizon announced that the Samsung Galaxy S3 was getting the Jelly Bean update on December 13, and it hit my phone this morning. The update to Android 4.1.1 brings GSM global roaming and support for ISIS Wallet (Verizon’s NFC-based mobile payment system), among other features…here is a summary from Verizon:
SUPPORT ENHANCEMENTS AND UPGRADES
- Global Support
Device is enabled for Global Roaming. Now take advantage of voice and data
services in over 205 countries worldwide. For additional information and support please visit verizonwireless.com/global
- Isis Mobile Wallet
Device now includes support for the Isis Mobile Wallet™; Shop, pay, and save
with your phone using the Isis Mobile Wallet. The Isis Mobile Wallet holds virtual versions of most things your existing wallet does such as payment cards, loyalty cards and coupons. Just tap your phone to pay at any Isis Ready™ merchant. For more information on the Isis Mobile Wallet please
visit verizonwireless.com/Isis. Note: Isis is available in select markets only. A new Sim Card and special software will be required to use the Isis Mobile Wallet.
- Improved connectivity and reliability when syncing Google and POP-3 e-mail accounts.
- Enhancements made to improve accuracy of predictive text.
- Automatic Set Up option has been enabled when setting up a Road Runner
- Improved accuracy and runs reliability of Weather application.
- Visual Voicemail has been updated to ensure proper delivery of notifications.
- Fixed resets that were sometimes seen when trying to connect to a VPN client.
- Support for opening attachments in .ics format.
- Now supports Software Upgrade Assistant; installs and runs automatically when
plugged in to your computer’s USB port.
- Missed Call Log has been updated to ensure accuracy.
- Enhancements have been made to ensure the reliability of Back Up
- Improvements made to automatically reconnect to known previously
used Wi-Fi sources hot spots.
- Verizon Accessories Application has been added as a preload.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to perform the download,
please visit verizonwireless.com/galaxys3support
This update started rolling out on December 14th, so if you have a Verizon Galaxy S3, you can either wait for it or trigger an update manually. I’ve been waiting for this update to activate the global GSM roaming features; how about you? What portion of this update are you interested in exploring? Sound off in the comments.Verizon Announces S3 Jelly Bean Update