Last week saw the general release of the Sony game MLB The Show 2013, released for both the PS3 and the Vita. Read on for details.
Last week saw the general release of the Sony game MLB The Show 2013, released for both the PS3 and the Vita. This release of the franchise adds a Beginner’s Mode for easier game learning, a Post-Season mode and more cross-play potential between PS Vita and PS3 owners. Here is the game summary for the PS Vita version:
Captures the raw emotion of Major League Baseball in a way that’s so real, it’s unreal.
MLB® 13 The Show™ allows you to experience the MLB like never before. Its jaw-dropping realism doesn’t just capture every detail and mechanic of the sport, it captures the raw emotion of Major League Baseball. Improvements to Franchise and Road To The Show modes make MLB® 13 The Show™ the most realistic baseball game ever, while the addition of all-new game modes expand gameplay options even further.
If it can happen in baseball, you can experience it in The Show. Whether it’s the moment you’re called up to the majors, a sacrifice fly to left field, or crushing a walk-off homer to win it all, every big, emotional moment in baseball can be yours. And The Show delivers it with such realism, it’s like it really happened.
Available for the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) and PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) systems, MLB® 13 The Show™ is due to arrive in stores on March 5, 2013.
- Take MLB® 13 The Show with you and play anywhere on the PS Vita.
- Play Home Run Derby against your friends on any PS3 or PS Vita system using Cross-Play
- Multiple all-new game modes bring unique gameplay experiences to The Show.
- All-New Playoff Mode includes an unparalleled in-stadium atmosphere that replicates the excitement and tension of October baseball.
- Revamped Franchise and Road To The Show modes with expanded options and new gameplay experiences.
- Completely-new beginner mode and instructional enhancements make The Show the best pick-up and play baseball experience.
- Improved Play Now mode streamlines gameplay for the option to play faster, simpler games.
- New commentary and a new voice in the booth provide updated analysis and color commentary.
- Take advantage of the front and rear touch screens on the PS Vita with MLB® 13 The Show. From navigating the menus to pinpointing pitch locations, The Show is at your fingertips.
- Save files between the PS3 and the PS Vita via the PlayStation Network. Sync your Season, Franchise and Road to the Show saves and load them on either platform to continue the action anywhere.
- Play with friends around the world at no extra cost on PlayStation Network.
Check out these screenshots from the PS Vita version, courtesy of Sony Entertainment:
And now from the PS3 version, again from Sony Entertainment:
I’ve purchased the PS Vita version and will publish a review once I’ve played it some more. In the meantime, if you are a fan of MLB The Show, you’ll like the 2013 version!