Digital Home Sonos updates system software to version 4.1
Today Sonos have released their 4.1 software update.
This update includes:
- Better Playlist Support. Sonos makes it easier than ever to create and edit Sonos playlists.
- Create playlists without using the queue—simply select Sonos Playlists and choose New Playlist.
- Add tracks to a playlist from any available source by choosing a track and selecting Add to… Sonos Playlist.
- Easily edit playlists by selecting a Sonos playlist and choosing Edit to delete or move tracks within the playlist.
- New Spotify features. Spotify customers can now:
- Create and edit Spotify playlists using a Sonos controller.
- Access and play music from Spotify playlist folders directly using a Sonos controller.
- Use either Facebook account credentials or Spotify account credentials to add a Spotify account to Sonos.
- More alarm options. Wake up to music from any music subscription service.
- When setting an alarm, now you can select a music service you’re subscribed to in addition to the music choices you already have.
- Other improvements:
- The time it takes to update your Sonos components should be reduced significantly.
- The Android notification feature has been improved.
- Demo video. Love your Sonos system? Want to show your friends how it works?
- Select Show Demo from the Sonos app when you’re away from your Sonos system.
Let us know what you think of the updates by leaving a comment below.