Motorola has announced its Moto E (2nd Generation), to the successor of the first generation Moto E that was introduced last year. Today the new Moto E has a slightly larger 4.5-inch display, but the new Moto E has the same qHD resolution.
The Moto E is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 410 SoC and runs on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop out of the box. With a 5-megapixel rear camera without flash and a VGA front-facing camera. It also comes with 3G variant that has a 1.2GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 SoC.
Motorola Moto E (2nd Gen) specifications
- 4.5-inch (960 x 540 pixels) qHD display with Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection
- 4G – 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor with 400 MHz Adreno 306 GPU
- 3G – 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 processor with 400 MHz Adreno 302 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
- 5MP rear camera
- VGA front-facing camera
- Dimensions: 66.8×129.9×5.2 – 12.3 mm; Weight: 145 grams
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2390mAh battery
The new Moto E is available to purchase in 40 countries from tomorrow (26th February), priced at just £109/$149.