Kingston Digital Europe last week announced a new 64GB Kingston microSDXC Class 10 memory card.
In the current age of smartphones and tablets, the need for more mobile data storage has become more important than ever. The Kingston microSDXC Class 10 card significantly improves a consumer’s digital lifestyle by delivering higher storage speeds and capacities to get the most out of their electronic and mobile devices.
Available in 64GB capacity, microSDXC cards offer additional storage for more music, videos, pictures and apps — more of everything the consumer needs in today’s mobile world. Fully compliant with the latest SD Association specification, Kingston’s microSDXC card operates on the exFAT file system, which is designed to handle extremely large volumes of data, such as files bigger than 4GB.
Kingston’s microSDXC Class 10 Memory Cards Features and Specifications:
· Compliant: with the SD Card Association specification
· Versatile: when combined with the adapter, can be used as a full-size SDXC card
· Compatible: with SDXC host devices; SDXC cards are not compatible with microSD & microSDHC-enabled devices/readers
· Guaranteed: lifetime warranty, free technical support
· Capacities: 64GB
· microSDXC Card Dimensions: 0.43″ x 0.59″ x 0.039″ (11mm x 15mm x 1mm)
· SD Adapter Dimensions: 0.94″ x 1.26″ x 0.08″ (24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm)
· High-Speed Class Rating: Class 10 – 10MB/s minimum data transfer rate
· Operating Temperature: -13°F to 185°F (-25°C to 85°C)
· Storage Temperature: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
Only a short time after permanently dropping the price of their TouchPads, HP have a 64GB version of the TouchPad showing as available soon in Europe.
So not only does it have 64GB of memory, it also has an upgraded faster processor – the 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon.
The price is showing as €599. Exact shipping dates are not known, neither is other locations where this will be available (the above is from HP France). But what is interesting is that it appears that this might be in Europe only!
More information soon!
Solid State Drives (SSDs) are becoming cheaper and faster. At CES I saw the Samsung 470 Series SSD, and now we have one for review, so read on.
Here is how Samsung describe the 470 Series SSDs:
- Extremely Fast Performance
- Spend more time doing and less time waiting. Samsung Solid State Drives access data a lot faster than standard hard drives. This means less time for a computer to boot up or programs to launch. Data is available much quicker and overall response time is significantly improved. Samsung SSD drives have industry-leading performance of up to 250MB/sec sequential read speed and 220MB/sec sequential write speed which leads to computers booting up in as little as 15 seconds and programs opening up in seconds.
- Distinctive Brushed Metal Design
- Samsung’s Solid State Drive design has a look to match its performance. The sturdy brushed metal hard shell case protects from shock, dust and corrosion. Since there are no moving parts inside the drive, there is a greater reliability to protect data. And with a light 2.4oz weight, it makes laptops lighter to carry.
- Outstanding Efficiency
- A Samsung SSD drive has no moving parts so it uses two-thirds less power than a typical hard drive. This adds an average of 30 minutes to a laptop’s battery or decreases the amount of electricity needed to run a hard drive on a desktop computer.
There are three variants of the 470 Series SSDs – a 64GB, 128GB and a 256GB, For this review we had the 128GB model.
- 2.5″ Form Factor
- Up to 220MB/s Write Speed
- Up to 250MB/s Read Speed
- Up to 3Gbps Data Transfer Rate
- Active Power Use: 0.24W
- Idle Power Use: 0.14W
- Reliability (Hours): 1.5 Million
- Three Year Warranty
What’s in the Box?
Apart from the Series 470 SSD itself, there is a manual and a card.
Using the SSD with Windows 7
Running the Windows Experience Index provided a 7.7 for the primary hard disk, which was great!
Here are the results of the Read test:
And here are the results of the Write test:
I think you will agree they are some pretty impressive results.