ARCHOS is proud to announce its second generation tablet made for Gamers – the ARCHOS GamePad 2 available in Europe at the end of October at £179.99 / €179.99.
“Following the success of the GamePad 1, we knew that we could take the gaming-tablet concept further. With our GamePad 2 we have included an HD screen, better controls, a larger battery and a faster processor,” said Loic Poirier ARCHOS CEO, “We’re excited to be working with a leading games company like Gameloft to pre-install two visually stunning titles for an amazing gaming experience.”
The ARCHOS GamePad 2 includes complete versions of Asphalt 8: Airborne and Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour by Gameloft both revisited for physical controls. “With a tablet that’s as innovative as the ARCHOS GamePad 2, it was an easy decision to optimise our games for the platform,” said Cyril Guilleminot, Gameloft Director for France & Benelux. “Users will be able to take part in a brand new gaming experience with its integrated physical control system.”
HD IPS Screen
The ARCHOS GamePad 2 features a 7 inch HD screen perfect for gaming. The widescreen 1280 x 800 pixel resolution gives an amazing gaming and multimedia experience and IPS technology ensures amazing colours and brightness as well as perfect viewing angles
Powerful Processor, Larger Battery
Powered by an A9 generation quad-core processor running at 1.6GHz coupled with a fast Quad-Core graphics processor and 2GB of system RAM, the ARCHOS GamePad 2 has more than enough power to play the latest 3D games smoothly.
Thanks to super energy-efficient 28 nanometer processor technology and a much larger battery than normally used on a 7 inch tablet, the ARCHOS GamePad 2 has vastly improved battery life whether in gaming or simply when browsing the web.
The ARCHOS GamePad 2 features more precise, incurved dual thumb-sticks, double buttons on each shoulder, a single part directional pad and a vastly improved button click-feeling for a better physical gaming experience.
Combined with the updated version of the critically praised Game Mapping Tool, first featured on the GamePad 1, that lets users map any touch-screen button game to work with the physical controls, the ARCHOS GamePad 2 offers an improved android gaming experience for hundreds of thousands of free and paid games.
ARCHOS created the GamePad Game Zone application; curating over 1 million apps and games in the Google Play™ Store, the Game Zone shows off the best ARCHOS GamePad 2 compatible games.
With downloads, purchases, ratings, comments and game updates all taking place through the Google Play Store, users can get the best from the huge games catalogue available for the ARCHOS GamePad 2.
Though the ARCHOS GamePad 2 was designed with gaming in mind, it’s still a fully functional Android tablet able to do everything that you expect from a tablet… and more, thanks to ARCHOS media applications. Additional key features and specs include:
- Android 4.2 ‘Jelly Bean’
- Google Certified with full access to the Google Play store and its 1 million apps and games, GamePad Game Zone app also included to find the best games
- Amazing Tablet Features: WiFi Display, HDMI, front stereo speakers, Front camera for video calling and an improved multi-media thanks to Archos Media Centre applications
Archos has launched a renewed assault on the Android smartphone market with the release of three new handsets. The 5.0-inch Archos 50 Platinum spearheads the French manufacturer’s range, powered by a quad-core 1.2GHz processor and 1GB of RAM.
The high-end handset also features a 960 x 540, 220-ppi display, dual-SIM capabilities, an 8-megapixel camera and 4GB of on-board storage.
A larger iteration of the handset with a 5.3-inch display, dubbed the Archos 53 Platinum, will also be available. The bigger device sports the same specs, adding a hefty 2800mAh battery to cater for its power demands.
Both handsets will run Google’s Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean operating system out of the box.
The Archos 35 Carbon is a budget entry in the series, offering a 3.5-inch display, VGA cameras, 512MB of RAM and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
Archos prices the 35 Carbon at £79.99, with the 50 Platinum costing £179.99 and 53 Platinum £199.99. All three will be available unlocked from late May.
ARCHOS, an award-winning innovator in consumer electronics, introduces the Platinum range, a new line of tablets that feature a sleek aluminum design combined with the best high definition IPS displays, quad-core processors and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
There will be three tablets in the range including an 8-inch, 9.7-inch and 11.6-inch all of which deliver true vivid colours, sharper text and amazingly fast performance.
The entire Platinum range will all share the following features:
· High-Definition IPS display with capacitive multi-touch screen
· QUAD core CPU at 1.2 GHz with 8-core GPU, with 1080p video decoding
· 2GB RAM
· Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
· Full access tothe 700,000applications
· Archos Media Center applications
· Front and Back Cameras
· Mini-HDMI and Micro SD ports
The ARCHOS 80 Platinum, an 8” tablet, features a 1024×768 resolution IPS screen and compared to the Kindle Fire HD 8.9itis almost twice as fast, has double the RAM and has a back camera for a fraction of the cost. The 80 Platinum will be available in February for £179
The ARCHOS 97 Platinum HD, a 9.7” tablet,features a stunning2048x1536resolution IPS screen, which is comparable to the Retina display found in the iPad, but is 40% less expensive.The 97 Platinum HD will be available in February for £249.
The ARCHOS 116 Platinum, an 11.6” tablet, features a 1920×1080 resolution IPS screen, unlike anything currently on the market. The 116 Platinum will be available in April for £299
ARCHOS, a pioneer in multimedia portable devices, is pleased to announce the ARCHOS Design Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad, a magnetic Bluetooth full QWERTY keyboard for 2nd, 3rd and 4th generations.
The Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad was created by a new division in ARCHOS that will be dedicated to sharing ARCHOS innovations with other brands. With a very similar look and feel to the ARCHOS Gen10 XS coverboard, the Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad is ultra-thin at only 5mm (0.2’’) and features an adjustable kickstand along with an aluminum back casing. Combining the best of both worlds, iPad users can expect this to be available in March for £49 MSRP.
Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad features include:
· Ultra-thin Design– At only 5mm (0.2’’) this is the thinnest iPad Keyboard available; it’s almost as thin as a Smart Cover
· Adjustable kickstand – Allows one to adjust their iPad for the best viewing experience possible
· Magnetic bonding to the iPad – The keyboard is magnetically held to your iPad
· Automatic screen switch on/off Function – The iPad will turn on or off when the keyboard is removed or placed in the cover position
· Long battery life–Enjoy with your iPad for months thanks to a long battery life via a Bluetooth connection
· Aluminum back casing – Stylish aluminum back casing to match your iPad
· Full QWERTY keyboard – Type easily with a full keyboard and work quickly with iOS shortcuts
This product is the first to be released from the new ARCHOS Design accessory line. For more information about ARCHOS Design or ARCHOS products visit www.ARCHOS.com.
ARCHOS has released its video player application to all Android devices (running at least Android version 4.0).
The Archos video player app, available in the Google Play store, features hardware accelerated video decoding support for most devices and video formats, the ability to play content from any computer/network storage in your local network (SMB and UPnP) or from an external USB storage device. In addition, the video player features automatic online retrieval of movie and TV show information with poster and backdrop for both local and network content. It can be downloaded from the Google Play store for £3.99.
The critically acclaimed Archos video player app offers an uncompromised multimedia experience.
- Hardware accelerated video decoding support for most devices and video formats;
- Ability to play content from any computer/network storage in your local network (SMB and UPnP) or from an external USB storage device;
- Automatic online retrieval of Movie and TV show information with poster and backdrop for both local and network content;
- Integrated subtitle downloader;
- Network indexing: import remote shared folders (SMB) in your multimedia library;
- Video browsing with either folder or library based navigation;
- Ubiquitous access to TV shows sorted in a series/season/episode hierarchical view;
- Multi-device network video resume;
- TV friendly: Keyboard/remote control compatible.
* Note that if you experience any issue with video hardware decoding you can force software decoding in Archos Video Player application settings to watch your video.
You can download the Video Player app from Google Play today.
ARCHOS has unveiled a small Android device, with a remote control and a web camera, designed to bring a smart TV experience to your not-smart TV. Read on for details.
ARCHOS has unveiled a small Android device, with a remote control and a web camera, designed to bring a smart TV experience to your not-smart TV. Here is what they announced:
|ARCHOS TV Connect features a multi-gesture TV Touch remote with game control mapping and an HD camera for video calls To be debuted at CES 2013, LVCC Central Hall Booth # 15322
Denver, CO – January 03, 2013 – ARCHOS, a pioneer in multimedia portable devices, is pleased to announce the ARCHOS TV connect, the only multi-touch “AndroidTM on TV experience” for your apps and games. The ARCHOS TV connect turns any HDTV into an Android powered smart TV providing the full Android ecosystem with a specially designed TV Touch remote. The TV connect allows you to control your TV just like a tablet – tap, swipe, zoom in, zoom out, select or type. With the TV connect users will be able to play games, stream videos, video chat in HD, email friends or surf the web all from their big screen TV. The ARCHOS TV connect runs Android 4.1TM ‘Jelly Bean’ and will be available starting in February, 2013 for $129.99. “As a pioneer in multimedia Android devices, we wanted to create a bigger, better way to enjoy Android,” says Henri Crohas, Founder and CEO of ARCHOS. “The ARCHOS TV connect provides users with a multi-touch, multi-media Smart TV experience powered by AndroidTM.”
|Revolutionary TV Touch remote – A smartly designed remote for every task
- Pointer – Allows you to control your TV just like you would your tablet with a tapping and/or swiping motion
- Full multi-touch gesture support – Control your apps easily with zoom in, zoom out and rotate with ARCHOS developed unique gesture controls
- Full keyboard with Android shortcuts – The TV touch remote includes a full keyboard and Android shortcut keys including a key for voice controls and voice typing
Play Android Games on your TV- Critically acclaimed games at your fingertips
- Thousands of games available on your TV – Choose from over 700,000 apps and games on Google PlayTM
- Dual thumb sticks and buttons – Play all your favorite games with full gaming controls and dual analog thumbsticks
- ARCHOS Gaming Mapping Tool – Map the controls of games to the buttons and controllers of the remote for playing virtually any game on your TV – as recently introduced on the GamePad
Turn your TV into a Smart TV – Get a full web experience on your current HDTV
- Internet - Surf on the net from a big screen
- Online video streaming – Stream videos directly on your TV through YouTubeTM, Daily motion and other video applications
- Emails – Send and receive emails or share photos from your Facebook page with friends
HD video calls – Connect with a group of friends or family members on a big screen
- HD webcam - ARCHOS TV connect is equipped with an HD webcam for High quality video calling
- LED notification – LED lights notify you when you have an incoming calls while watching TV
- Compatibility with all popular video calling apps - Video chatting with Skype or Google TalkTM as a family from your sofa has never been easier
Multimedia Player - The ARCHOS TV connect includes the critically acclaimed ARCHOS Media Center applications so you can finally get control of your home media content, including:
- Best video codecs and format support - Read all your favorite video files with format and codec support including H.264 decoding in full 1080p HD
- Media Center Library – Tailor-made UI with automatic jacket, synopsis and subtitle download as well as library organization even for files stored elsewhere on your home network
- Easy home streaming – Stream your media content over your home network either through WiFi or Ethernet
- The right connections – Features HDMI (cable included), full USB host and micro SD slot
- Google™ Certified with Full Access to shop on Google Play™ – With over 700,000 applications, get all your favorite Android content on your TV including books, music, magazines and movies
|ARCHOS at CES 2013 – Come experience the ARCHOS TV connect first hand during CES 2013 in Las Vegas, NV from January 8-11. In addition to the TV connect, ARCHOS will be showing off its new line up of tablets which include the recently announced GamePad and new entrants to the ARCHOS Elements line – the dual-core Titanium range and the quad-core Platinum range, both of which feature tablets with stunning 2048×1536 resolution IPS screens. The ARCHOS booth is located in Central Hall (15322) of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
For more information about the ARCHOS TV connect or ARCHOS at CES visit www.ARCHOS.com.
This is cheaper than the Sony Google TV and has the benefit of running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean as opposed to the special Honeycomb build used in Google TV. This is an interesting concept and I hope to stop by and see this in action when I am at CES next week.
This week, we’ve had the Archos 101 XS tablet to play with. We’re not sure whether it’s pronounced “ten point one” or “one oh one”, but it doesn’t matter because this thing is amazing. It’s an Android 4.04 tablet (upgradable to 4.1) with a specialisation for audiovisual media. It can still do everything any other Android tablet can do – mail, browsing, apps, widgets, Angry Birds… – but excels at playing video and music.
I talk about it
If you want to have a close look at the tablet’s features and see it in use, then spend a few minutes watching this video review.
I was extremely impressed by the Archos-specific features. It streams video very nicely from a NAS media server, with very little initial buffering, if any. The drag-and-drop or multiple-select file manager makes it a breeze to move files from a network share onto the device to take with you. The video and music browsers make connecting to SMB and uPnP network shares very easy, and the browsing interface is nice and slick. The battery life seems excellent – Archos say it will do 7 hours of video, and I tested it for two hours and it certainly looks that way – more than enough for a long journey (or a box set of your favourite show).
|Width x Height
||273 mm x 170 mm
||8 mm (13mm with cover)
||600g (800g with cover)
||10.1″: 1280 x 800 MVA
||Android 4.0.3 “Ice Cream Sandwich” upgradable to 4.1 in Q4 2012
||Flash Memory: 16GB* + micro SD Slot (compatible up to 128GB)
||Smart multicore OMAP4470 processor @ 1.5GHz (ARM® Cortex™-A9) with a PowerVR™ SGX544 GPU; 3D OpenGL Support
Read more about it over on the Archos site.
CDW award the Archos 101 XS tablet the Gold Award for being brilliant. The XS is out later this week, priced at £299. Order yours now!
Today saw the launch announcement for the new XS range of Android tablets from Archos. We had some hands-on with the 101 XS tablet and accessories.
The 101 XS Tablet
The 101 XS tablet has a 10.1 inch screen which is very clear, with a resolution of 1280 x 800. It also has a microSD slot that currently supports up to 64GB of expansion but Archos tell us it will also support up to 128GB too. It also has HDMI out for connecting to a television or monitor, and the quality is excellent (the presentation we were given was using this feature). There are also all the usual ports you would expect.
The Coverboard is light-weight and easy to use and is only 5mm thick. The keyboard is very nice and easy to use and it feels very natural. It is a proper Android keyboard with Android shortcut keys rather than just a keyboard Archos has added. It is magnetic and feels very sturdy and secure.
ARCHOS announced two new Android 4.0 powered tablets. Read on for details.
ARCHOS announced two new Android 4.0 tablets today, with an interesting take on keyboards. First, a little about ARCHOS:
Archos, pioneer in the portable audio and video player market, and now specializing in Android tablets, has repeatedly revolutionized the market for consumer electronics since 1988. Today, ARCHOS offers Android Tablets, Tablet PCs and MP3/MP4 players. In 2000, ARCHOS launched the Jukebox 6000, the first MP3 player combined with a hard disk. Then in 2003 ARCHOS introduced the first portable multimedia players with TV recording. In 2006 Wi-Fi is implemented and then touch screens in 2007. In 2008, Archos launched the first generation Internet Tablets, and then the first ever Android powered tablets in 2009. ARCHOS has offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. ARCHOS is quoted on Compartment B of Eurolist, Euronext Paris, ISIN Code FR0000182479. Website: www.archos.com.
And now, a little bit about the new tablets:
ARCHOS’ new Gen10 XS tablet line offers super-fast web-browsing, an extra slim design, and a unique magnetic Coverboard for protection, docking and easy typing
Denver, CO – (August 22, 2012) - ARCHOS, an award-winning innovator in consumer electronics, is pleased to announce the unveiling of its Gen10 XS tablet line. The ARCHOS 101 XS, a 10.1-inch tablet that weighs only 21 ounces and measures 0.31 of an inch thin, will be the first of this new line of extra slim Android™ tablets to debut mid-September followed by the release of the ARCHOS 97 XS and ARCHOS 80 XS later in 2012.
In addition to creating a new standard of thin for tablets, ARCHOS continues to push the technological boundaries with the innovative Coverboard, a unique magnetic keyboard conceived for each tablet model that will offer protection, a kickstand, docking and easy typing. The Coverboard is included in the box with each tablet.
The entire Gen10 XS line is Google™ certified, features Android 4.0 and allows full access to Google Play™ featuring over 600,000 apps. The range will be upgradable to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean in Q4 2012.
“As the pioneer in the Android tablet market, we strive to continually push the technological boundaries of tablets and user experience,” says Henri Crohas, ARCHOS Founder and CEO. “We are taking our tablets to the next level by releasing an entirely new design that will redefine thin while providing more functionality and a better price than any current Android tablet in the market.”
Magnetic Coverboard: 4 Steps Ahead
The ultra-thin magnetic Coverboard included with all Gen10 tablets enables users to protect, stand and dock the tablet as well as type with a full-size QWERTY keyboard.
The 0.2” thick protective cover is secured to the tablet with magnets. To open, the Coverboard simply twists to separate and reveal the full keyboard and magnetic kickstand.
The magnetically guided docking system enables perfect alignment on the keyboard, eliminating the need for clips or stands. The integrated magnetic kickstand holds the tablet to the Coverboard as one solid unit, allowing users to sit back and enjoy their music and movies comfortably.
When docked the Coverboard is powered by the tablet providing hours of productivity. The Coverboard also has a DC in, so when it’s plugged into a power outlet the keyboard functions like a dock and charges the tablet.
The Gen10 XS series come fully equipped with a chicklet-style QWERTY keyboard and a complete version of OfficeSuite Pro 6, a $14.99 value. This critically acclaimed application allows you to view, create, edit, print and share Word, Excel and PowerPoint files as well as open attachments and read PDF files. Combine that with a full QWERTY keyboard that also has integrated Android shortcut keys for direct access to main tablet functions for the ultimate in productivity.
Play Anything and Share Wirelessly with the ARCHOS Media Center
ARCHOS Gen10 XS tablets come with tailor-made Media Center apps for full HD video, complete codec and format support, jackets & meta-data for your music, videos and wireless sharing over your home network. In addition, each tablet features a Video Carousel for a video library experience like no other including automatic jacket download and an easy to use search tool for finding title, series, actor, subtitle or other information. Other media center functions include:
- Wireless streaming, home file sharing and read media from external storage
- ARCHOS remote control app
Archos today introduced the ARCHOS 97 carbon, the first of its new tablet range called “ELEMENTS”, an entry-level line up of 7, 8, and 9.7 inch tablets that combine ARCHOS design and engineering with full access to Google Play and a full suite of Google apps at an affordable price.
Equipped with the latest mobile technology and an elegant aluminum finish, the ARCHOS 97 Carbon is only 618 grams and 11.4mm thick. Its sharp and clear IPS multi-touch screen delivers amazing vivid colours and impressive wide viewing angles. For the smoothest interface experience, ARCHOS has powered this tablet with a fast 1GHz processor, 1GB of RAM while running AndroidTM 4.0 “Ice Cream Sandwich”.
Combining very high performance hardware, intuitive software and affordability, this Google Play supported device will be available starting in July 2012 for £219.99 SRP.
“We wanted to introduce a new series that not only combines affordability with a new slim design, but features the best that Google has to offer,” says Henri Crohas, ARCHOS Founder and CEO. “With the ELEMENTS series we have done just that. It’s the perfect balance of hardware, software optimization and content through the Google PlayTM ecosystem.”
· 9.7” 5x Multi-Touch Screen with IPS technology
· Optimized for Google Play: Over 600,000 apps apps and games, the world’s largest collection of eBooks and thousands of movies.
· A complete media device, the ARCHOS 97 carbon can decode full 1080p HD video and can send a 1080p HD video to an HDTV via the HDMI-out port
· Stylish design with premium aluminum finish and a 11.4mm thickness
· Front and back camera
· Includes 16GB of internal flash memory, expandable both via the microSD slot (supporting SDHC cards up to 32GB) or via a USB flash drive in its full-sized USB host port
· Includes access to Android apps from Google, including Gmail, Google Talk,Google+ , Google Maps, YouTube and 5GB of free cloud storage with Google Drive.
· Pre-loaded with Office Suite Viewer for reading office documents, a demo of World of Goo – the critically acclaimed puzzle game, as well as News Republic and Brief Me to manage your world news and customized social media feeds
For more information about the ARCHOS Elements line visit www.ARCHOS.com
Yesterday saw ARCHOS release it’s new 7 inch colour eReader, called the 70d.
With a vibrant colour screen and all the features you’d expect in a premium eReader, including adjustable font sizes, a low power-consumption backlit screen, and support for a wide range of open and DRM protected formats, the ARCHOS 70d already packs a punch. However, the ARCHOS 70d is much, more than just an eReader.
The high-resolution colour display is equally adept with720P HD video playback and displaying album covers from the on-board MP3 music player.With room for over a thousand eBooks or 20 movies in a device that’s the same size as a standard paperback book, the only choice facing an ARCHOS 70d user is whether to read a book or flip the device to watch a widescreen movie.
- Low consumption backlit, 7 inch colour screen and adjustable font sizes
- Wide range of formats (Adobe DRM protected EPUB and PDF) for downloading free and paid for eBooks from popular bookstores
- HD video playbook with support for multiple formats including MPEG-4, AVI, MOV
- MP3 music playback and JPEG photo playback
- G sensor for auto-screen rotation
- 4GB internal storage with expandable microSD card slot (upto 16GB)
- 11mm thick and 280g in weight
- Drag and drop capability, allowingeasytransfer of files from a PC via USB
||4GB internal memory +microSDslot to extend memory (up to 16 GB* cards)
||7”(17.8 cm) Color TFT – 800 x 480 pixels – 16:9 ratio – Anti-glare surface
||PDF, EPUB (including Adobe DRM PDF and EPUB protected ebooks), TXT, FB2.
||JPEG, BMP, GIF
||MPEG-4 AVI,FLV, MPG, RM, RMVB, FLV, MP4, DAT, VOB, MKV, MOV (up to HD 720p)
||G sensor for auto screen-rotation
|Dimensions & weight
||Dimensions: 175 mm x 125 mm x 11 mm
Weight: 280 grams
||Windows®, Mac® or Linux in mass storage mode
||USB 2.0 High Speed
||ARCHOS 70d eReader, micro USB cable for charging and file transfer, Quick Start Guide
It’s available now for £59.99, so if you are after a cheap, colour eReader this might suit you.
ARCHOS today announced that this bank holiday weekend the Easter Bunny will bring a fantastic deal on the ARCHOS 3Cam Vision portable media player, the perfect non-chocolate treat for you and your loved ones.
Available now at Currys and PC World online and in store for only £59.99 (reduced from £69.99), the ARCHOS 3Cam Vision is a portable media player for enjoying your photos, videos and music. Not only is the 3Cam Vision easy to use, but it affords users amazing image clarity and crisp sound.
The built in video camera lets you capture life’s important moments and then instantly play them back on the 3 inch screen. You can also watch them on your PC with a simple copy and paste from the device, or upload them to YouTube™. The camera also allows you to take still images.
Other features include:
- 8GB internal storage – store up to 4,000 songs or 20 hours video
- 400 x 240 pixels colour screen
- FM Radio
- Music, photo and video playback with support for multiple formats
- Compatibility with Windows®or Mac® and Linux
If you buy one let us know what you think of it.
12Next Page 1 of 2