Christopher Nolan’s INTERSTELLAR makes its highly anticipated debut on double disc Blu-ray, double disc Blu-ray Digibook, DVD and On Demand 30th March, 2015, from Warner Bros Home Entertainment.
The film arrives thirteen days early on Digital HD 17th March, 2015. A breathtaking filmmaking achievement, INTERSTELLAR has been named one of the Top Ten movies of the year by Rolling Stone, Esquire, Kermode and Mayo and more, and has received five Academy Award nominations including Best Visual Effects, Best Production Design, Best Sound Mixing, Best Sound Editing and Best Original Score.
Academy Award-winner Matthew McConaughey stars as ex-pilot-turned-farmer Cooper, who must leave his family and a foundering Earth behind to lead an expedition traveling beyond this galaxy to discover whether mankind has a future among the stars. The film also stars Academy Award-winners Anne Hathaway and Michael Caine and Academy Award-nominees Jessica Chastain and John Lithgow.
INTERSTELLAR will be available as a a two-disc Blu-ray with UltraViolet and three hours of in-depth, behind-the-scenes bonus content detailing the epic shoot, the scientific realities explored in the film, a look at creating the stunning visuals, plus an extended cut of “The Science of Interstellar” broadcast special and much more. There will also be a Limited Edition two-disc Blu-ray Digibook which features an integrated 48 page picture booklet edited from “Interstellar: Beyond Time And Space: Inside Christopher Nolan’s Sci-Fi Epic” alongside the previously mentioned bonus content. There will only be 20,000 units of the Digibook available in the UK.
Double Disc Blu-ray The INTERSTELLAR Blu-ray of the feature film is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, and English Audio Description and English, English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles. The Blu-ray of bonus material is presented in 1080p high definition with English 2.0 Dolby Digital and English, French and Spanish subtitles. The pack includes access to a Digital HD copy of the film, as well as the following: Blu-ray #1
- Feature film in high definition
- The Science of Interstellar—Extended cut of the broadcast special.
- Plotting an Interstellar Journey—Discusses the film’s origins, influences and narrative designs.
- Life on Cooper’s Farm—Bringing Americana and the grounded nature of a farm to a sci-fi space movie.
- The Dust—Learn how cast and crew avoided sand blindness, and see how to create, and clean up after, a catastrophic dust storm.
- TARS and CASE—Designing and building these unique characters and how they were brought to life on set and in the film.
- Cosmic Sounds—The concepts, process, and recording of Hans Zimmer’s unforgettable score.
- The Space Suits—A look at the design and build of the suits and helmets, and what it was like to wear them.
- The Endurance—Explore this massive set with a guided tour by production designer Nathan Crowley.
- Shooting in Iceland: Miller’s Planet/Mann’s Planet—Travel with the cast and crew to Iceland and see the challenges they faced in creating two vastly different worlds in one country.
- The Ranger and the Lander—A look at the other two spaceships in the film.
- Miniatures in Space—Marvel at the large-scale models used in the explosive docking sequence.
- The Simulation of Zero-G—Discover the various methods that the filmmakers used to create a zero gravity environment.
- Celestial Landmarks—Explore how the filmmakers used practical special effects informed by real scientific equations to give the illusion of real space travel for both the actors and the audience.
- Across All Dimensions and Time—A look at the concept and design of the Tesseract, which incorporated a practical set rather than a green screen.
- Final Thoughts—The cast and crew reflect back on their Interstellar experience.
- Theatrical Trailers
The Blu-ray includes a Digital Version of the film that can be accessed through UltraViolet Digibook
- Includes all bonus features from Blu-ray #2
- Forty-eight page picture booklet edited from “Interstellar: Beyond Time And Space: Inside Christopher Nolan’s Sci-Fi Epic”
- Item is limited to 20,000 units in the UK
DVD The single-disc DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with English 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description and English, French and Spanish subtitles. The disc includes the feature film in standard definition.
- Feature film in standard definition