Today Fractal Design have launched another new case, this time the Core 3000 which is all about the cooling!
We had the pleasure of spending some time with Fractal Design at CES last month, and they told us a lot about their plans and new products for this year, and now one of those products, the Core 3000 case has been released.
Who Are Fractal Design?
This is how Fractal Design describe themselves:
The concept – Design
The concept of Fractal Design is to provide products with an extraordinary design level, without compromising the important factors of quality, functionality and pricing. The computer of today has come to play a central role in most people’s home, creating a demand for appealing design of the computer itself and its accessories.
Our main product areas are computer enclosures, power supplies, cooling, and Media Center-products, such as Home Theatre-enclosures, keyboards and remote controls.
Designed and engineered in Sweden
All Fractal Design products have been thoroughly designed, tested and specified in our Swedish head quarter. The well known ideas of scandinavian design can be found through all of our products; a minimalistic but yet striking design – less is more.
Visions and goals
Our vision is to have a constant, healthy growth together with our partners worldwide. Our goal is to be widely recognized for our designed products and to have them available in all major market regions within EU and US. We should be a good alternative to the already established retail brands of today. It’s of great importance for us that our partners understand the values of Fractal Design, therefore we are putting great effort into choosing the right partners from the start. We will work actively to maintain sales territories and profitable business for our partners.
The way to reach our goals
In the competitive market of today, it’s not enough to just provide excellent products. Regular and well planned marketing activities in close cooperation with the channel and the available media, are keypoints to succeed. We are well experienced in marketing brands in the IT business, and we will use this to create efficient marketing tools – to gain a bigger market share and good earning possibilities for our channel.
The Core 3000 Case
Features and Specifications
The new Fractal Design Core Series offers a unique combination of design, features, cooling performance and value.
- Simple yet elegant front panel with mesh and filter
- Optimized for performance with multiple cooling options
- A total of 7(!) fan slots (1x 120mm + 1x 140mm in front, 2x 120/140mm in top, 1x 120mm in bottom, 1x 120mm in rear,
1x 120/140mm in side panel)
- Three fans included (1x 140mm in front, 1x 120mm in rear and 1x 140mm in top)
- Support for dual 120mm radiator in top, even thicker radiators up to 60mm in thickness
- 6x white painted HDD trays, with silicone mounting
- Upper HDD cage is removable and rotatable
- Easily removable front panel with clip on fan slots
The Core 3000 has plenty of cooling options, up to 7 fans of various sizes can be installed. The front panel is easily removable and pre-fitted with fan filters to ensure a dust free interior. The sleek black interior is matched and contrasted with white expansion slots and HDD trays. Similar to the Define Series, all the HDD trays are fitted with anti-vibration silicon grommets. The upper HDD cage is removable and rotatable, which enables support for even the longest graphic cards.
- Fan controller for 3 fans included
- 1 front mounted Fractal Design 140mm fan @ 1000rpm included
- 1 rear mounted Fractal Design 120mm fan @ 1200rpm included
- 1 top mounted Fractal Design 140mm fan @ 1000rpm included
- Additional 4 fan slots available for optional fans; one 120mm in front, one 120mm in bottom,
one 120/140mm in top and one 120/140mm in side panel
- 6x 3,5 inch HDD trays, compatible with SSD!
- 2x 5,25 inch bays, with 1x 5,25>3,5 inch converter included
- 4x USB 2.0 and Audio I/O – mounted on top of front panel
- Removable filter below PSU (PSU not included)
- M/B compatibility: Mini ITX, Micro ATX and ATX
- 7 expansion slots with sleek white painted brackets
- Supports graphic card lengths up to 270mm when removable HDD-Bay is in place
- Supports graphic card lengths up to 420mm without removable HDD-Bay
- Supports CPU coolers with height of 160mm
- Supports PSU’s with a depth of maximum circa 160mm, when using bottom 120mm fan location.
When not using the bottom 120mm fan location, the case supports also longer PSU’s, typically
- Case size (WxHxD): 200x430x480mm with front and top bezel in place
- Net weight: 7,1kg
[button link="http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&category=2∏=60" style="info" window="yes"]Visit the Fractal Design website[/button]
This looks very “cool” if you pardon the pun!