D-Link shared a fun infographic on travel trends…read on for details!
D-Link shared a fun infographic on travel trends. Being a recovering road warrior myself (I used to travel about 200+ nights per year, international as well as US, all for work), I enjoyed this one and thought that you might too! Here is D-Link’s take on how travel has changed in the last 50 years or so.
D-Link has announced that they are now shipping their DIR-510L portable AC router and charger. Read on for details!
D-Link has announced that they are now shipping their DIR-510L portable AC router and charger. This product is aimed at road warriors looking to secure and share wi-fi hotspot access, as well as charge mobile devices, while on the move. Here is the press release:
D-Link Now Shipping World’s First Portable 11AC Router and Charger
802.11ac Wi-Fi Router Allows Travelers to Create an Instant Hotspot and Stream Media to a Range of Devices Anywhere, Anytime
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, California. – March 3, 2014 – D-Link today announced that it is now shipping the world’s first portable 11AC router, the Wi-Fi AC750 Portable Router and Charger (DIR-510L). This latest addition to the D-Link® family of connectivity solutions allows mobile users to quickly and easily create a Wi-Fi hotspot from an existing internet connection, whether that be 3G/4G, Wi-Fi or Ethernet, while on-the-go. For added convenience, the Portable Wi-Fi Router also features a high-capacity 4,000mAh rechargeable battery that can charge mobile devices. Additionally, with the free mydlink™ SharePort® mobile app, users can upload, download and stream multimedia and documents to a storage drive attached to one of the Portable Router’s two USB ports from anywhere in the world.
Incorporating the latest Wireless AC750 technology, the Wi-Fi Portable Router and Charger offers users fast speeds and a range of advanced features, ensuring superior range and data transfer to and from connected devices. Leveraging dual band technology to bypass radio congestion and interference, the DIR-510L can deliver a total of 750Mbps using the combined throughput of its 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. In addition, each band can operate as a separate Wi-Fi network, providing the ability to customize a network according to connectivity needs and even configure a guest zone to provide Internet access to visitors without providing access to the rest of the network. The DIR-510L provides instant sharing of any Internet connection with the added security of a firewall while connected to shared public connections.
“The demand for ubiquitous Wi-Fi in today’s increasingly connected world makes the Wi-Fi AC750 Portable Router an essential addition to any traveler’s kit,” said Ken Loyd, director of consumer product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “Leveraging the latest 11AC Wi-Fi technology, which boasts speeds up to three times faster than Wireless N, the DIR-510L ensures high-performance range and data transfer speeds for the ultimate in on-the-go connectivity.”
More About the DIR-510L
The DIR-510L delivers several advanced product features for mobile users to easily connect, share and charge on-the-go, including:
- High-Capacity Battery – Built-in 4000mAh rechargeable battery keeps gadgets charged and ready for use, including tablets
- Two USB Ports – Allows for simultaneous file sharing and 3G/4G/LTE modem connectivity; plug in a 3G/4G/LTE USB modem to share an Internet connection or use a USB flash drive to stream content to various mobile devices
- mydlink SharePort – Allows users to stream content from a connected USB drive to multiple mobile devices using the free mobile app
- Easy Setup – Automatically detects connection type – broadband router, mobile router, hotspot – for optimal speed and savings; user-friendly interface stores connection details to help keep all devices connect automatically
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) and Built-in DLNA Server – Streams multimedia smoothly and securely across devices and appliances, including smart TVs, gaming consoles and media PCs1
Availability and Pricing
The Wi-Fi AC750 Portable Router and Charger (DIR-510L) is now available on Amazon.com, Frys.com, and throughout D-Link’s vast network of retail and e-tail outlets for $99.99 EDLP. Detailed specifications are available online at www.dlink.com/DIR-510L.
D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit www.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on Facebook (www.facebook.com/dlink) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/dlink).
NETGEAR announced a similar product at CES this year, but it uses 802.11N wireless while this D-Link is using 802.11AC and so should perform better. At $99.99, this seems like a good buy; check it out today!
D-Link has announced the addition of private cloud storage with their mydlink SharePort app, which paired up with a hard drive/storage device and one of their USB-equipped AC routers, allows you remote access to your data across the internet. Read on for details!
D-Link has announced the addition of private cloud storage with their mydlink SharePort app, which paired up with a hard drive/storage device and one of their USB-equipped AC routers, allows you remote access to your data across the internet. Here is the press release:
D-Link Gives Customers Ability to Turn Existing USB Drives into Free and Private Cloud Storage
D-Link® 11AC Wi-Fi Routers Equipped with USB Port Combined with mydlink SharePort® App for Private Cloud Storage without Added Monthly Fees
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. – Oct. 22, 2013 – With an estimated 10 billion wireless devices currently in use1, consumers depend on cloud services for streaming media or sharing files on a smartphone or tablet. D-Link now offers an alternative solution for private cloud storage with its latest mydlink SharePort® app, turning any USB storage device connected to a compatible D-Link 11AC Wireless Router into a private cloud, accessible anywhere in the world on an iPhone®, iPad®, or Android™ device via the free app.
“Combined with D-Link’s award-winning 11AC routers with next-generation Wi-Fi speeds, the mydlink SharePort app offers an easy way to view and share content, creating a private and personal cloud that instantly adds storage to your mobile device, giving you more options to control what information you put on your personal cloud versus public cloud,” said Daniel Kelley, vice president of marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “Stream your favorite music, play a photo slideshow, or even view documents offline while you’re traveling. And, all files are kept on your own USB hardware, safe at home, limiting access to your content – it’s your data, your hardware and your very own private cloud.”
The free mydlink SharePort app works with D-Link’s 11AC Wireless Routers, offering next-generation wireless speeds for uninterrupted HD video streaming and high-bandwidth activities. Using D-Link’s industry-exclusive USB SharePort technology and the mydlink SharePort app, users can access and stream videos, music, photos, and more from a connected USB drive directly to their iPad, iPhone or Android device anywhere. Simply plug a USB storage drive into a mydlink SharePort-enabled D-Link router, including the Wireless AC1750 Router (DIR-868L), Wireless AC1200 Router (DIR-860L), Wireless AC1200 Router (DIR-850L), and Wireless AC1000 Router (DIR-820L), and easily access content saved on the drive on a mobile device anywhere there is an Internet connection. In addition, the app’s user-friendly interface allows users to easily find files by category, including music, videos, photos, and documents.
The mydlink SharePort app can be used at home to stream and access content from a connected USB drive to your mobile device without the need for a computer or additional device. The same app can be used remotely anywhere with an Internet connection to provide seamless access to your content using the free mydlink service. In order to use mydlink SharePort Remote Access, a D-Link 11AC Wireless Router must be registered with the mydlink service. Once the router is registered, the free mydlink SharePort app can be downloaded on a smartphone or tablet for remote access to media and other files on connected USB storage. Movies, music, and photos can all be streamed directly or copied for later, which is great for long trips away from Internet access.
The free mydlink SharePort app is now available at the Apple App Store and Google Play. Detailed specifications and information about the mydlink SharePort app and D-Link’s complete 11AC Wireless Router line are available online at www.dlink.com/yourcloud.
Does this look interesting to you? As routers are packing more processing power and flash memory, as well as USB ports, it seems a natural extension of the product capabilities to start to deliver on remote access to data. As long as you don’t need a 10TB solution, this may work just fine.
D-Link has announced four new cloud IP cameras. Read on for details!
D-Link has announced four new cloud IP cameras, including one indoor/outdoor camera. Here is the press release:
D-Link Now Shipping Four New Cloud Cameras Taking IP Surveillance to New Levels
Expanded mydlink™-enabled Camera Line-Up Offers Professional-Level Features at Affordable Pricing for Small Business and Consumer Markets
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. – June 3, 2013 – Taking home and small business surveillance to new levels, D-Link today expanded its line of mydlink™-enabled Cloud Cameras with the introduction of the Pan & Tilt Day/Night Network Camera (DCS-5020L); the Outdoor HD Wireless Day/Night Network Camera (DCS-2332L); the Day/Night Cloud Camera 1150 (DCS-933L); and the Cloud Camera 1050 (DCS-931L). Each designed for around-the-clock surveillance and monitoring, these affordable Cloud Cameras offer expanded capabilities, including easy monitoring of large areas with new Wi-Fi extender features, 720p HD video clarity ensuring rich detail and crisp image quality, and weatherproof casing for enhanced outdoor surveillance.
“The new line of Cloud Cameras give consumers and small business owners a combination of pro-level features and performance at a fraction of the cost of professionally installed security systems,” said Ken Loyd, director consumer product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “Each of the new models add enhanced monitoring features and remote control capabilities that make it easier than ever to integrate a complete surveillance solution at home or the office.”
The cameras are designed with new enhancements to meet a range of indoor and outdoor surveillance needs:
- The Pan & Tilt Day/Night Network Camera(DCS-5020L) incorporates D-Link’s industry leading sound detection and Wi-Fi extender features for enhanced surveillance alerting and easier placement of additional cameras by extending the wireless network to those hard to reach locations. The camera is also equipped with ultra-smooth pan, tilt and a wide 66o horizontal field of view to quickly scan a wide area from a variety of angles and offers 4x digital zoom for monitoring in more detail. Integrated motion-sensing and night-vision technology for viewing up to 26 feet in pitch dark environments provides serious around-the-clock surveillance. The camera also delivers video at 30 frames per second (fps) for cleaner and smoother video feed and both H.264 and MJPEG compressions technology.
- The Outdoor HD Wireless Day/Night Network Camera(DCS-2332L) is designed with IP-65 certified weatherproof casing and a versatile operating temperature system (ranging from -13F to 113F) to withstand all-season outdoor use. It features a wide range of high-demand features including 720p HD resolution for crisp and clear video, a passive infrared (PIR) sensor for enhanced motion detection to trigger recording and email alerts, 10x digital zoom for increased viewing options, premium night vision up to 26 feet, and a microSD/SDHC slot for local recording and playback.
- To cater to a range of indoor monitoring needs, the Cloud Camera 1150 (DCS-933L) and Cloud Camera 1050 (DCS-931L) are equipped with a Wi-Fi extender for easier placement of additional cameras for those hard to reach locations. They both come fully-equipped with H.264 enhanced video compression that allows users to record up to 5x more footage to the built-in microSD card slot, when compared to MJPEG. The Cloud Camera 1150 also offers expanded night vision features to view up to 16 feet in pitch black darkness. Both cameras offer end users enhanced surveillance with D-Link’s industry leading detection features providing both motion and audio alert notifications.
mydlink-Enabled Cloud Cameras
D-Link Cloud Cameras offer simple installation and integration into an existing network with the mydlink portal to view streaming video from a PC, notebook, iPhone®, iPad®, or Android™ device, as well as enhanced remote capabilities via the mydlink+ and mydlink Lite app (free). Both apps enable seamless access to camera feeds from anywhere and a host of newly added features for expanded remote control including pinch-to-zoom viewing, drag-and-drop reordering of devices, two-way audio, remote pan and tilt, video play back from cameras featuring a microSD/SDHC slot, and the ability to configure recording1 schedules and override options.2
Additional Camera Features
The cameras feature a built-in CPU and web server for high-quality live streaming video sent directly to the network as well as a built-in microphone and speaker (select models) for easy two-way communication. Shared capabilities include:
- 802.11n Wi-Fi & Ethernet connectivity
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) for simple three step installation
- Configurable audio/motion detection alerting
- H.264 video compression technology to optimize network bandwidth and video storage
- Infrared illumination technology for night viewing up to 16 or 26 feet away in complete darkness3
- D-Link Zero Configuration to seamlessly configure and intelligently sync a D-Link Cloud Camera to a D-Link Cloud Router with an existing mydlink account via the push of a button
- D-ViewCam™ camera management software (Windows PC) for advanced motion detection scheduling and alerting for up to 32 cameras
Availability and Pricing
D-Link’s Pan & Tilt Day/Night Network Camera (DCS-5020L), Outdoor HD Wireless Day/Night Network Camera (DCS-2332L), Cloud Camera 1150 (DCS-933L) and Cloud Camera 1050 (DCS-931L) are now available throughout D-Link’s vast network of retail and e-tail outlets in the United States. Detailed specifications are available online and retail pricing is as follows:
- Pan & Tilt Day/Night Network Camera (DCS-5020L) – $119.99
- Outdoor HD Wireless Day/Night Network Camera (DCS-2332L) – $269.99
- Cloud Camera 1150 (DCS-933L) – $99.99
- Cloud Camera 1050 (DCS-931L) – $69.99
Check out these product pictures:
These look like four nice IP cameras! Check them out if you are in the market.
D-Link has updated their mydlink™ apps for their cloud camera line. Read on for details!
D-Link has updated their mydlink™ apps for their cloud camera line. They have added pinch-to-zoom capability, control over the motion detection settings, playback from on-camera SD cards, and other nice upgrades, and will be available both on the free and $0.99 version of the app. Here is the press release:
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. – May 21, 2013 – Continuing its leadership and innovation in the consumer IP surveillance marketplace, D-Link today announced several enhancements available now to its mydlink™ portal and mydlink Cloud Camera apps, making it even easier to remotely monitor a home or small office via virtually any computer, iPhone® or iPad® running iOS 4.3 or later or Android™ device running 1.6 Android or later. Offering advanced new features to its award-winning line of mydlink-enabled Cloud Cameras, D-Link now offers easier configuration on its mydlink portal and enhanced remote capabilities via the mydlink+ and free mydlink Lite app.
“We’re excited to add several new features to our mydlink apps in order to make it even easier for moms, dads, home owners and small businesses to use D-Link® Cloud Cameras for round-the-clock surveillance,” said Daniel Kelley, vice president of marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “The new capabilities cater directly to mobile users and extend the control of Cloud Cameras while on the go. Whether you’re looking to keep an eye on your property, your business after hours, the kids while you’re away, or even the family dog, the new features make it easier than ever.”
D-Link Cloud cameras now offer more control of what matters most via the mydlink portal and a range of mobile devices; highlights include:
- Easy Portal Configuration: The mydlink portal now enables users to update motion and audio detection1 settings, including recording schedules and setting noise thresholds, directly on the mydlink portal without having to go through advanced settings.
- Remote Video Playback: Users can play back video stored on the SD card housed in the camera (for select cameras) to multiple mobile devices, as well as configure recording2 schedules and override options in the event the SD card is full.
- Two-Way Audio: Users can now speak and hear through a mobile device to select D-Link Cloud Cameras that support two-way audio, including the Cloud Camera 1200 (DCS-942L) and Cloud Camera 2200 (DCS-2132L).
- Remote Pan and Tilt: For added remote flexibility, users of the Cloud Camera 5000 (DCS-5222L) can also pan and tilt live camera video from a mobile device.
- Device Rename: Easily rename the mydlink-enabled device from the mobile app or portal – a useful feature if you relocated the device to a new or temporary location and want to easily identify the device.
- Re-order Device Listing: Simple drag and drop interface allows users with multiple mydlink-enabled devices to show devices in the order of their preference.
Availability and Pricing
D-Link continues to offer customers the most features and value with the broadest line of cameras and features and requires no monthly fee or subscriptions. The enhancements to the mydlink portal and mydlink Lite (free) app are now available and will be available on the mydlink+ app ($0.99) in late June which also offers expanded tablet support and a multi- camera monitoring dashboard. Both apps are available at the Apple App Store and the Android Marketplace. Detailed specifications and information about mydlink and D-Link’s complete Cloud Camera line are available online at www.dlink.com.
These apps are being released on both Android and iOS, and here are QC codes to use to find them. First, the mydlink Lite (free) app:
And now the same app for iOS:
Check out these product pictures:
If you are using a D-Link IP camera, go ahead and update your mobile apps and enjoy the new features!
D-Link announced today that they are now shipping a full line of AC routers with a product offering at every major value point. Read on for details.
D-Link announced today that they are now shipping a full line of AC routers with a product offering at every major value point. Pricing starts at $80 for an entry-level AC router and climbs all the way to $170 for the top-of-the-line model. Here is the press release; all of these routers are available in retail right now:
D-Link Now Shipping New Lineup of 11AC Routers Catering to a Range of Customer Needs with Unmatched Speeds and Features
D-Link’s Four New Routers Offer a Full Range of 802.11AC Speeds Ideal for HD Video Streaming and Mobile Device Connectivity
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. – May 14, 2013 – D-Link today announced it is now shipping a new line of AC Routers with the availability of the Wireless AC1750 Router (DIR-868L), Wireless AC1200 Router (DIR-860L), Wireless AC1000 Router (DIR-820L) and Wireless AC750 Router (DIR-810L). Offering next-generation Wi-Fi speeds, D-Link’s latest 802.11ac Routers deliver a range of wireless speeds and price points for creating a reliable and strong Wi-Fi home network ideal for HD video streaming, online gaming, and multiple user activities.
“Today’s average home now has more than 15 devices, oftentimes with multiple iPads, iPhones, as well as Android phones and tablets, and consumers are looking for the best in wireless connectivity to help deliver uninterrupted HD video streaming, online gaming and multiple user capabilities,” said Daniel Kelley, vice president of marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “With the introduction of the new 11AC Router line, D-Link provides next-generation wireless speeds to meet the needs of the digital home coupled with advanced remote management and sharing capabilities to better suit mobile lifestyles.”
The Wireless AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit Cloud Router and Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Cloud Router deliver speeds of up to 1750Mbps (N450Mbps+AC1300Mbps) and 1200Mbps (N300 + AC867Mbps) respectively. In addition, the Wireless AC1000 Dual Band Cloud Router offers speeds of up to 1000Mbps (N300Mbps + AC650Mbps) and the Wireless AC750 Dual Band Cloud Router offers speeds of up to 750Mbps (N300Mbps + AC433Mbps). Eliminating Wi-Fi interference for faster and more reliable Internet, D-Link’s family of AC routers are equipped with Dual Band technology enabling users to perform simple Internet activities on the 2.4GHz band, and more demanding activities on the cleaner, interference free 5GHZ band. The routers are also backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n devices for seamless connectivity.
Offering easy remote network management, the Cloud Routers enable users to see what websites are being visited, block unwanted connections, and set up automatic email alerts when unauthorized connections are made on any iPhone®, iPad® or Android™ device with the free mydlink™ Lite app. In addition, the routers feature a USB port that works with the free SharePort™ mobile app, enabling users to stream and share photos, music and movie files directly to their mobile device1. The AC routers also support easy setup using a mobile phone or tablet with the free Quick Router Setup (QRS) app.
For fast wired connectivity, the Wireless AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit Cloud Router and AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Cloud Router are equipped with four Gigabit Ethernet ports and the Wireless AC1000 Dual Band Cloud Router and AC750 Dual Band Cloud Router are equipped with four Fast Ethernet ports.
Availability and Pricing
The new line of AC routers will be available throughout D-Link’s vast network of retail and e-tail outlets in the United States. Detailed specifications and information are available online at www.dlink.com with street pricing as follows:
- Wireless AC 1750 Dual Band Gigabit Cloud Router (DIR-868L) – $169.99
- Wireless AC 1200 Dual Band Gigabit Router (DIR-860L) – $149.99
- Wireless AC1000 Dual Band Cloud Router (DIR-820L) – $119.99
- Wireless AC750 Dual Band Cloud Router (DIR-810L ) – $79.99
With D-Link now joining the AC routing party, there are now plenty of decent offerings from several vendors. Stay tuned for the conclusion of my Linksys AC1750 router review and some more good stuff on AC routing…
D-Link has announced that their AC1200 router is now shipping. Read on for details. D-Link has announced that their AC1200 router is now shipping. This dual band AC router is capable of speeds up to 300 and 867Mbps, and of course is backward compatible with G and N devices. Here is the press release:
D-Link’s Latest Cloud Router Offers Next-Generation Wireless Speeds and Cloud Services Ideal for HD Video Streaming, Online Gaming and File Sharing D-Link Systems, Inc. Fountain Valley, Calif. – March 28, 2013 Who: D-Link, the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. What: D-Link today expanded its line of award-winning Cloud Routers with the availability of the Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Cloud Router (DIR-850L), offering next-generation wireless speeds for seamless HD video streaming, online gaming and file sharing.
- The Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Cloud Router delivers concurrent wireless dual band speeds of up to 300 and 867Mbps, eliminating Wi-Fi interference for faster and more reliable Internet. The router is also backwards compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n devices for seamless connectivity.
- The AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Cloud Router offers easy remote network management with the free mydlink™ Lite app from an iPhone®, iPad® or Android™ device as well as a USB port that works with the free SharePort™ mobile app, enabling users to easily share and enjoy photos, music and movie files from a range of devices. And with the QRS Mobile app, users can quickly and easily setup their router right from their mobile phone.
- For fast wired connectivity, the Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Cloud Router also features four Gigabit ports enabling users to connect their Ethernet supported devices, including gaming consoles, laptops or desktop computers.
When/Where: The Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Cloud Router (DIR-850L) is now available at Newegg.com for $129.99. Why: D-Link is committed to delivering the latest features and performance available for the home network. The Wireless AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Cloud Router delivers fast and reliable wireless speeds for uninterrupted multiple user and high-bandwidth activities along with remote management capabilities for the ultimate in network performance. About D-Link D-Link is the global leader in connectivity for home, small business, mid- to large-sized enterprise environments, and service providers. An award-winning designer, developer, and manufacturer, D-Link implements and supports unified network solutions that integrate capabilities in switching, wireless, broadband, storage, IP Surveillance, and cloud-based network management. For more information visit www.dlink.com, or connect with D-Link on Facebook (www.facebook.com/dlink) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/dlink).
This is not the speediest AC router out there, but priced at $130, it looks to represent a nice value for your router dollar. If you are in the market for an AC router, this might be an interesting option.
Today here at CES in Las Vegas, D-Link have announced a number of new products including a Gaming Router and some new cameras.
· The Gaming Router (DGL-5500) offers Gigabit AC1300 wireless speeds and intelligent bandwidth allocation for the ultimate in gaming, media streaming and network control. Using Qualcomm StreamBoost technology, the router intelligently prioritizes Internet bandwidth to each application and device on a home network for lag-free, uninterrupted gaming for a high-performance experience in today’s dynamic online gaming environments.
· The SharePort Go II (DIR-508L) ($119.99) is designed to offer the ultimate in mobile convenience for families, photographers and business travelers with instant Wi-Fi connectivity coupled with USB sharing capabilities to any iPad®, iPhone® or Android™ device via the free D-Link SharePort™ Mobile app, and the ability to recharge other mobile devices in a pinch. SharePort Go II also features a USB port and SD card slot for sharing content from a storage device or charging smartphones and tablets, as well as an Ethernet port that enables users to easily connect to an existing network in a conference room or hotel room.
· The new and easy-to-use Cloud Camera 1050 (DCS-931L) ($79.99) and Cloud Camera 1150 (DCS-933L) ($99.99) are mydlink™-enabled and feature built-in CPUs and web servers for high-quality live streaming video sent directly to the network. Both cameras offer 802.11n Wi-Fi connectivity, H.264 video compression technology, infrared illumination technology for night viewing up to 16 feet away from the camera, and mydlink for remote viewing from a PC or notebook or on an iPhone, iPador Android device via the free mydlink Lite app.
· The Wireless AC1750 Dual-Band Gigabit Cloud Router (DIR-868L) (149.99) and AC1200 Dual-Band Gigabit Cloud Router (DIR-860L) ($169.99) deliver speeds of up to 1750Mbps (N450Mbps+AC1300Mbps) and 1200Mbps (N300 + AC862Mbps) respectively. Featuring Dual-Band technology and a built-in high power amplifier, both routers eliminate Wi-Fi interference for faster and more reliable Internet, and extend coverage range to those hard-to-reach areas. In addition, both Cloud Routers offer easy remote network management with the free mydlink Lite app from an iPhone, iPad or Android device as well as a USB port that works with the free SharePort™ Mobile app, enabling users to share and enjoy photos, music and movie files from a range of connected devices.
D-Link has released a new 2-bay NAS product and is bundling cloud features and mobile device access. Read on for details.
D-Link has released a new 2-bay NAS product and is bundling cloud features and mobile device access. The price point, without disks, will be $149.99. Here is the announcement:
D-Link Unveils 2-Bay Network Storage Solution Offering Local and Cloud Capabilities for
Home Users and Small Business Owners
Delivering Versatility, Performance and Remote Accessibility, the Cloud Storage 2000 is Ideal for Remote File Access and Management, Mobile Streaming and Backup
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. – Oct. 23, 2012 – Expanding its portfolio of cloud-enabled products, D-Link today announced its latest ShareCenter® 2-Bay Cloud Storage 2000 (DNS-320L), offering a centralized storage solution with remote sharing, streaming, and management capabilities. Delivering a complete home and small business cloud storage solution, the D-Link® Cloud Storage 2000 enables users to remotely and locally download and upload files, delete files and folders from their storage device, and access files stored on their ShareCenter® from any computer via the mydlink.com portal. Plus, with a free app for iPad®, iPhone® and Android™ devices, users can now easily view photos, and stream music and videos from their ShareCenter directly to mobile devices from anywhere in the world.
“As the need for centralized storage has increased in today’s digital home, D-Link continues to offer high-performance and versatile storage solutions,” said Ken Loyd, director, consumer products, D-Link Systems, Inc. “Beyond providing a robust and secured storage solution, the Cloud Storage 2000 allows users to create their own personal cloud to locally and remotely access and manage files, store video recordings from a mydlink-enabled Cloud Camera and even stream music and video to a mobile device.”
The Cloud Storage 2000 replaces D-Link’s leading DNS-320 storage device and includes a faster CPU, Gigabit Ethernet port for high-speed data transfers and an intuitive hardware design supporting up to two 3.5-inch SATA hard drive. The Cloud Storage 2000 supports multiple user streams simultaneously and does not require any tools for installation – providing a high performance user-friendly storage solution for today’s digital home. For added protection, the Cloud Storage 2000 is equipped with RAID 1 technology to protect user’s valuable files. Users can also backup their files using the secure Amazon S3 service to protect files in the event of a catastrophe.
In addition, the Cloud Storage 2000 features a brand new Photo Center which aggregates and organizes user’s photos from their storage device, allowing administrators to create photo albums, view them with a slide show, and share photos with friends via emails, Cooliris and posts to your Picasa web album.
- mydlink.com Portal for Remote File Management over the Internet
- mydlink® Access – NAS Mobile App for Remote File Access and music, photos and video streaming
- Multiple hard drive configurations – Standard, JBOD RAID 0 and RAID 1
- High-Speed Gigabit Ethernet Connectivity
- Built-in Web File Server and Secure FTP Server for File Access Over the Internet
- DLNA™ Server to Stream Music, Photos, and Video to Compatible Media Players, including Boxee Box by D-Link, PlayStation® 3 and Xbox® 360
- USB Port Supports USB Drives, USB Printers and UPS Monitoring
- Supports PC Backup, Local Backup, Apple Time Machine Backup, USB Backup, Remote Backup, and Cloud Backup (via Amazon S3)
- Auto Power Recovers and Power-off Scheduling
- Automatic E-mail Notification of Device Status
Availability and Pricing
The Cloud Storage 2000 will be available for a retail price of $149.99 throughout the D-Link network of retail and e-tail outlets in North America.
Adding two disks will get you at about $300, but at that price point, you get a RAID1 and get access to some pretty decent mobile apps as well. This is a reasonably priced entry level solution and should be on your list of affordable storage options. Here are some product pictures:
So what do you think? Is this an interesting option? Sound off in the comments!
[button link="http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutions/share/sharecenter/dns-320l-sharecenter-2-bay-cloud-storage-enclosure" style="info" window="yes"]D-Link ShareCenter Product Page[/button]
D-Link has updated their PowerLine home networking product range, introducing the PowerLine AV+ Mini Adapter Starter Kit (DHP-309AV). Read on for details.
D-Link has announced a new PowerLine networking solution, which converts your electrical wiring to a data-carrying network. This can be very handy in covering dead spots in your home. Here is the product announcement:
The New PowerLine AV+Mini Adapter Starter Kit (DHP-309AV) Uses Your Home’s Existing Electrical Wiring to Extend Network Coverage Throughout Your Home
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. – October 11, 2012 – D-Link today announced its latest addition to its PowerLine family of home networking solutions. The PowerLine AV+ Mini Adapter Starter Kit (DHP-309AV) instantly extends the reach of your current home network by utilizing your home’s existing electrical wiring to extend your network to locations with limited or no Wi-Fi connectivity. PowerLine technology delivers a high-performance, stable and secure signal throughout the home and connects a desktop, laptop or wired entertainment device in those hard-to-reach spots in your home, outdoor, and entertainment centers.
Performance is enhanced by delivering speeds up to 35 percent faster than standard PowerLine devices, enabling fast access to email, files, and the Internet in the farthest reaches of your home. With its compact design, the PowerLine AV+ Mini Adapter does not block a second electrical outlet and is perfect for locations with limited space. With an easy Plug-and-Connect installation you can extend the range of your current home network in just a few minutes.
“Customers want an easy-to-install, no-setup-required solution to solve dead zone issues within their home that is both affordable and provides the needed performance for the demanding applications of today,” said Ken Loyd, director of product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “It’s important to have connectivity throughout your home, so whether you’re in a basement, in the kitchen, or your teenager is doing homework in their bedroom, customers want an easy to install, no setup require solution to solve coverage issues within their home. The D-Link PowerLine AV+ Mini Adapter Starter Kit addresses this requirement and universally works with existing home networks.”
More about the PowerLine AV+ Mini Adapter Starter Kit (DHP-309AV)
- 2 PowerLine AV+ Mini Adapters (DHP-308AV)
- 2 Ethernet Cables
- Uses your home’s existing electrical wiring by plugging into existing power outlets
- Push and Secure encryption button
- Plug and Play installation
- Supports a 128-bit AES encryption for network security
Pricing & Availability
The PowerLine AV+ Mini Adapter Starter Kit (DHP-309AV) is available now for $59.99 throughout D-Link’s network of e-tail and retail outlets, including Amazon.com and Frys. The product will also be available at Office Max and Office Depot starting in November.
Here is a product shot:
This looks like an interesting product, and I would like to add a wireless repeater to extend my wireless network into the garage and front of the house. Hmmm…what about you? Are you interested in PowerLine networking? Sound off in the comments!
[button link="http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutions/connect/powerline/dhp-309av-powerline-av-mini-adapter-starter-kit" style="info" window="yes"]D-Link DHP-309AV Product Page[/button]
D-Link has added two HD cloud camera options to their product line, one specifically targeted at outdoor use. Read on for details.
D-Link has released two 720p-resolution cameras in their Cloud Camera line. One is aimed at indoor use with wireless networking and night vision and the other is ethernet-only in a weather-resistant case, aimed at outdoor applications. The outdoor camera support PoE as well. Here is the announcement:
D-Link’s Cloud Camera 2200 and Outdoor Cloud Camera 2300 Offer 720p HD Clarity, Enhanced Motion Detection and Remote Monitoring Capabilities
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Sept. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Expanding its successful lineup of award-winning monitoring solutions, D-Link® today announced the Cloud Camera 2200 (DCS-2132L) and outdoor Cloud Camera 2300 (DCS-2310L), allowing home and small business users to keep an eye on what matters most 24 hours a day in 720p HD video clarity, even outdoors. The Cloud Camera 2300 is equipped with a weatherproof casing for outdoor monitoring in a variety of weather conditions. Users can also remotely access live video feeds from both cameras on a desktop via the mydlink.com portal or on-the-go with an iPhone®, iPad® or Android™ device with the free mydlink™ Lite app via a click of a mouse or tap of a screen for added round-the-clock surveillance.
D-Link’s Cloud Camera 2200 and 2300 deliver the next level of video resolution with 720p HD video clarity, ensuring rich detail and crisp image quality. The Cloud Camera 2300 is IP-65 certified for protection against dust and low-pressure water streams, and features a versatile operating temperature system ranging from -13F to 122F for use outdoors during any season. For enhanced 24-hour vigilant surveillance, both cameras feature a passive infrared (PIR) sensor for enhanced motion detection to trigger recording and email alerts, as well as premium night vision to heighten illumination in dark areas. In addition, these cameras also feature a microSD/SDHC slot for local recording, digital zoom, and a built-in microphone and speaker for two-way communication.
“Addressing consumer demand for more enhanced monitoring options, particularly HD quality and outdoor weather resistance, D-Link’s latest Cloud Cameras provide a range of desired features for customers looking to monitor the inside or outside of their home or small business,” said Daniel Kelley, associate vice president of marketing, D-Link North America. “From high resolution video to enhanced night vision and motion detection, D-Link’s latest Cloud Camera solutions make it easier than ever to keep any eye on loved ones, pets and valuable possessions both indoors and outdoors 24 hours a day during any season whether on a computer or mobile device.”
Featuring mydlink support, the Cloud Camera 2200 (Wireless) and 2300 (Ethernet) offer simple installation and can easily be integrated into an existing network to view streaming video from a PC, notebook, iPhone, iPad, or Android phone or tablet. With the mydlink™ Lite app for iPhone and Android, users can quickly and easily see and hear their camera feed from anywhere with Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G connection. And, the mydlink+ app for iPad and Android tablets allows users to remotely monitor up to four live video streams via a multi-camera monitoring dashboard and easily save snapshots.
Make easy setup even easier – with Zero Configuration
Connecting the Cloud Camera 2200 and 2300 with any router is easy – make it even easier using a D-Link® Cloud Router. Zero Configuration automatically configures and intelligently syncs a D-Link® Cloud Camera to an existing mydlink account – simply connect and view.
More about the Cloud Camera 2200 (DCS-2132L) and Cloud Camera 2300 (DCS-2310L)
- ¼” Megapixel CMOS progressive sensor
- Fixed lens: 3.45 mm F2.0
- 10/100 Fast Ethernet port
- MicroSD/SDHC Card slot for onboard storage
- DI/DO port for connection to external devices
- HD resolution (1280 x 720) and up to 1MP (1280 x 800)
- H.264, MPEG-4 and Motion JPEG compression
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) for flexible installation options (DCS-2310L only)
The Cloud Camera 2200 and Cloud Camera 2300 will be on display at the Pepcom Holiday Spectacular on September 20 in New York City at the Metropolitan Pavilion.
Availability and Pricing
The Cloud Camera 2220 (DCS-2132L) and Cloud Camera 2300 (DCS-2310L) will be available in September for $199.99 and $299.99 respectively. Both cameras will be widely available at Amazon, Fry’s, Newegg.com, and other retail and e-tail partners.
These look like nice cameras! Check out the D-Link product pages and their Amazon.com product pages below.
[button link="http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutions/view/network-cameras/dcs-2310l-cloud-camera-2300" style="info" window="yes"]DCS-2310L Product Page[/button]
[button link="http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-Systems-DCS-2310L-Cloud-Camera/dp/B0092KZA0E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1348428243&sr=8-3&keywords=DCS-2310L" style="info" window="yes"]DCS-2310L on amazon.com[/button]
[button link="http://www.dlink.com/us/en/home-solutions/view/network-cameras/dcs-2132l-cloud-camera-2200" style="info" window="yes"]DCS-2132L Product Page[/button]
[button link="http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-Systems-DCS-2132L-Cloud-Camera/dp/B0092KZ9AA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1348429022&sr=8-2&keywords=DCS-2132L" size="small" style="info" window="yes"]DCS-2132L on amazon.com[/button]
Delivering gigabit wireless speeds, higher capacity and broader coverage for home networks, D-Link today announced its first 802.11ac router – the Cloud Router 5700 (DIR-865L) – is now available.
The Cloud Router 5700 offers superior dual-band wireless performance of up to 1750Mbps for today’s high-bandwidth gaming and HD streaming applications, and features D-Link’s industry-leading Cloud App, allowing consumers to monitor and control the home network remotely. The Cloud Router 5700 provides users with easy access to manage and stream local content from a connected USB drive to mobile devices via D-Link’s SharePort mobile app.
Equipped with Broadcom’s 5G WiFi (802.11ac) chip, the Cloud Router 5700 delivers the world’s fastest wireless speeds at up to 1750 Mbps (1300 ac + 450 n) – three times faster than the fastest Wireless N technology. Easy to set-up and delivering faster speeds and greater coverage, the Cloud Router 5700 is ideal for wireless HD video streaming and multi-person online gaming. Using the 5GHz band, the Cloud Router 5700 allows for less interference and a cleaner connection. In addition, the Cloud Router 5700 provides future proof with support of the IPv6 standard and is backwards compatible with previous generation 802.11n wireless standards, ensuring that current products and networks do not become obsolete.
- Fastest Speed- Get up to 1750Mbps wireless speed performance (1300 AC + 450 N) – the industry’s Fastest Wi-Fi
- Instant access to media- Stream media and add storage to your mobile devices.
- Peace of mind- Monitor your wireless network from anywhere and block unwanted intruders in real-time.
- Backwards compatible- Compatible with all your wireless devices
- Coverage- Wall-to-wall coverage with built-in high-power amplifier
- Wired connectivity-Four Gigabit Ethernet ports
Availability and Pricing
The Cloud Router 5700 (DIR-865L) is now available with a retail price of $189.99 at Amazon.com and Newegg.com. More information about the Cloud Router 5700 (DIR-865L) is available online at www.dlink.com/dir865l.
123...5Next Page 1 of 5