NOW TV, the internet TV service powered by Sky, is now available on Roku streaming players.
NOW TV offers instant access to Sky Movies – the UK’s most popular subscription movies service – with no contract, set-up costs or installation. New customers, including those signing up through Roku can take advantage of a free 30 day trial of the service, plus also benefit from a three-month introductory offer of £8.99 a month.
Roku users will, from today, be able to find NOW TV within the Roku Channel Store and once registered for NOW TV online will be able to access the movies they choose instantly. Once they have connected their Roku box to their TV and home WiFi network, NOW TV customers will be able to watch their favourite movies on their main TV, as well as continue to watch them out and about through their smartphone, tablet or laptop. NOW TV is already available on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, selected Android smartphones, and other connected devices.
NOW TV customers can enjoy blockbuster releases around six months after they have ended their run in cinemas. Each month, customers can enjoy access to up to 20 new premieres – at least 12 months before they become available on Netflix or LOVEFiLM Instant. Sky Movies is also offering exclusive access to the most successful movie franchise ever, with customers able to enjoy all 8 Harry Potter films on-demand throughout the Christmas holidays. Other top titles which customers can enjoy in the next few weeks include In Time, Young Adult, Jack and Jill and Contagion.
More great Sky content will also be added to NOW TV, with Sky Sports due to be introduced in the next few months. This will enable NOW TV customers to enjoy live action from the Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, England Test cricket, Heineken Cup rugby, ATP tennis, F1, Masters Golf and much more. The introduction of Sky Sports will be followed on NOW TV by must-see shows from Sky 1, Sky Atlantic, Sky Arts and Sky Living, including home-grown drama, original comedy and US shows.
Roku streaming players are known for their low prices, ease of use and quality selection of entertainment. NOW TV is available on compatible Roku LT and Roku 2 XS boxes. Both are available in the UK for suggested retail prices of £49.99 and £99.99 respectively.
Both models feature more than 300 channels of streaming entertainment including on-demand films and programmes; live and on-demand sports from MLB.TV and Ultimate Fighting Championship organisation; music from Rdio; photos and videos from Facebook and Flickr; news and entertainment on WSJ Live from the Wall Street Journal, FoxNews.com and others from around the world – as well as casual games like Angry Birds.
Yesterday saw ARCHOS release it’s new 7 inch colour eReader, called the 70d.
With a vibrant colour screen and all the features you’d expect in a premium eReader, including adjustable font sizes, a low power-consumption backlit screen, and support for a wide range of open and DRM protected formats, the ARCHOS 70d already packs a punch. However, the ARCHOS 70d is much, more than just an eReader.
The high-resolution colour display is equally adept with720P HD video playback and displaying album covers from the on-board MP3 music player.With room for over a thousand eBooks or 20 movies in a device that’s the same size as a standard paperback book, the only choice facing an ARCHOS 70d user is whether to read a book or flip the device to watch a widescreen movie.
- Low consumption backlit, 7 inch colour screen and adjustable font sizes
- Wide range of formats (Adobe DRM protected EPUB and PDF) for downloading free and paid for eBooks from popular bookstores
- HD video playbook with support for multiple formats including MPEG-4, AVI, MOV
- MP3 music playback and JPEG photo playback
- G sensor for auto-screen rotation
- 4GB internal storage with expandable microSD card slot (upto 16GB)
- 11mm thick and 280g in weight
- Drag and drop capability, allowingeasytransfer of files from a PC via USB
||4GB internal memory +microSDslot to extend memory (up to 16 GB* cards)
||7”(17.8 cm) Color TFT – 800 x 480 pixels – 16:9 ratio – Anti-glare surface
||PDF, EPUB (including Adobe DRM PDF and EPUB protected ebooks), TXT, FB2.
||JPEG, BMP, GIF
||MPEG-4 AVI,FLV, MPG, RM, RMVB, FLV, MP4, DAT, VOB, MKV, MOV (up to HD 720p)
||G sensor for auto screen-rotation
|Dimensions & weight
||Dimensions: 175 mm x 125 mm x 11 mm
Weight: 280 grams
||Windows®, Mac® or Linux in mass storage mode
||USB 2.0 High Speed
||ARCHOS 70d eReader, micro USB cable for charging and file transfer, Quick Start Guide
It’s available now for £59.99, so if you are after a cheap, colour eReader this might suit you.
ARCHOS today announced that this bank holiday weekend the Easter Bunny will bring a fantastic deal on the ARCHOS 3Cam Vision portable media player, the perfect non-chocolate treat for you and your loved ones.
Available now at Currys and PC World online and in store for only £59.99 (reduced from £69.99), the ARCHOS 3Cam Vision is a portable media player for enjoying your photos, videos and music. Not only is the 3Cam Vision easy to use, but it affords users amazing image clarity and crisp sound.
The built in video camera lets you capture life’s important moments and then instantly play them back on the 3 inch screen. You can also watch them on your PC with a simple copy and paste from the device, or upload them to YouTube™. The camera also allows you to take still images.
Other features include:
- 8GB internal storage – store up to 4,000 songs or 20 hours video
- 400 x 240 pixels colour screen
- FM Radio
- Music, photo and video playback with support for multiple formats
- Compatibility with Windows®or Mac® and Linux
If you buy one let us know what you think of it.
Sky has announced a number of enhancements to its range of broadband services to create more choice for customers and build on its strong growth. The move means that more households will have access to Sky’s great-value broadband, customers will be able to enjoy
free Wi-Fi access on the move and there will be a new fibre option for customers who want
The announcement comes as new figures show that customers continue to respond in record numbers to Sky’s high-quality broadband and telephony products. In the last three months of 2011, Sky sold more than half a million home communications products, cementing its position as the fastest growing home communications provider in the UK. The latest growth means that , since launching in 2006, Sky has grown its UK broadband market share to 17% (3.6 million customers) and 29% of all Sky homes now take all three of Sky TV, Sky Broadband and Sky Talk.
The new enhancements planned for the months ahead include:
- Building out Sky’s network to reach even more UK homes: Sky is extending its network footprint to bring great value broadband to 88% of the UK by June 2013. This means more than 1 million extra homes will be covered by Sky’s network.
- Providing customers with free WiFi wherever they are: Sky will shortly launch its public Wi-Fi service, powered by The Cloud. This will provide Sky Broadband Unlimited customers with free access to more than 10,000 hotspots across the UK. Available in venues such as Caffe Nero, Pizza Express and Wagamama, Sky customers will enjoy seamless and convenient access to public WiFi. This will prove particularly valuable for customers who access Sky content on the go, with high quality wireless delivering an even better experience for Sky Go and Sky’s other video-rich applications.
- Adding choice with Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre: Sky is to give customers even more choice by adding a fibre broadband product to its range from April. For £20 a month, customers will be able to access download speeds of up to 40 megabits with a totally unlimited product that has no usage caps. From launch the new product will be available to around 30% of UK homes, growing over time in line with BT’s fibre roll-out programme.
Stephen van Rooyen, Managing Director of Sky’s Sales and Marketing Group, comments:
“I’m delighted that our existing home communication products are making such an impact with customers. It’s clear that customers are responding to the higher levels of value, quality and service we offer.
“This year sees a number of enhancements that will ensure we create even more choice. Whether it’s the launch of free public WiFi, extending our network into more parts of the UK, or adding fibre to our product mix, we are focused on meeting the demands of customers and on being their number one choice for home communications.”