In a first of its kind digital and in-store activity, Electronic Arts Inc. UK and GAME, the UK’s largest video games retailer have today launched a one-week Evidence Sweep taking place in each of their 321 stores nationwide.
Bringing to life the Scanner from the Battlefield Hardline single player campaign with the GAME Scan It! app, wannabe Detectives that head in-store are able to unlock 1,000 reward points, claim a free Battlefield Hardline t-shirt and enter to win the chance to lead their crew in the upcoming Battlefield Hardline: Live.
The 10 steps for customers to fulfil their duties in the Evidence Sweep are as follows:
- Find and visit your nearest GAME store
- Connect to GAME’s free in-store Wi-Fi
- Download the GAME mobile app
- Select the Scan It! functionality
- Sweep store for Evidence
- Once found, equip the Scanner and scan the Evidence
- Watch the Battlefield Hardline: Live – GET A PIECE OF THE ACTION video on their phone
- Pre-order Battlefield Hardline
- Pick up your free Battlefield Hardline t-shirt*
- Purchase Battlefield Hardline and receive your 1,000 GAME reward points
Fred Prego, Marketing Director at GAME said: “We are delighted to be teaming up with EA to bring Battlefield Hardline to life for our customers in a really unique way. We know that like us, our customers want to turn everything into a game so we’re glad to bring this to the shopping experience. By using our Scan It! app, customers can scan the store for evidence, unlock Reward points and get their hands on lots of great Battlefield Hardline merchandise. This unique challenge will offers a great incentive for customers to get involved and is something you won’t find anywhere else on the market.”
Battlefield Hardline will be available Friday 20th March 2015 in the UK on Origin for PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One and Xbox 360.