EE, the UK’s most advanced digital communications company, has partnered with HTC and Facebook to be the exclusive UK launch partner for the HTC First, the first superfast 4GEE smartphone to feature the new integrated Facebook experience, Home.
The HTC First, featuring Home by Facebook, allows customers to receive friends’ updates directly on to their home screen. Customers will also be able to share photos, interact with friends and chat instantaneously, all through the most immersive mobile Facebook experience, which will be enhanced by EE’s superfast 4G network.
The HTC First will be available exclusively in the UK on EE 4GEE plans, providing customers with download speeds approximately five times faster than 3G – so they enjoy an optimised Facebook experience. Customers will be able to take out the handset with a 4GEE phone plan this summer, via the EE online shop, EE telesales and EE retail stores.
Home is designed around a customer’s friends and when combined with 4GEE it puts them at the centre of their phone:
· Cover Feed: A constant stream of photos and updates from friends that are always available at a glance. Swipe through to see more and interact with friends by liking, commenting, and sharing right from the Cover Feed
· Notifications: Thanks to Home’s deep integration with Android, notifications from apps appear alongside updates from friends right on the home screen
· Chat Heads: Keep chatting with Facebook contacts even when using other apps. Reply right from chat heads, or move them around if you’re not ready to respond, and send SMS and Facebook messages from the same place
· App Launcher: Set favourite apps and access them directly through Home
In addition to superfast speeds and EE services, HTC First customers with a 4GEE phone plan will also benefit from:
· EE Film – the only service in the UK which combines 2 for 1 cinema ticketing, listings, trailers and digital film downloads in one place
· A discount of £5 per month on EE superfast Fibre Broadband – so they can get blistering speeds at home and on the move
· Fast track customer service by dialing ‘33’ from their handset
· Clone Phone Lite – giving people free storage to back up the content that matters most