Parallelstoday launched Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac and Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac Enterprise Edition.
New built-in intelligence and support for Apple’s latest operating systems – including OS X Yosemite – greatly improves ease-of-use for both business users and consumers, allowing them to forget about the operating system and focus on the task at hand. Starting Aug. 20th, current users can upgrade to Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac at www.parallels.com/uk/upgradepd10. For new customers, Parallels Desktop 10 will be available for purchase at retail and online stores worldwide and via the Parallels website starting Aug. 26th.
Parallels Desktop 10 will bring many of the announced features of Mac OS X Yosemite1 to Windows and Windows applications, supporting iCloud Drive, iMessages and SMS text sharing from Windows, and control of virtual machines from Spotlight preview and Finder QuickLook. New ease-of-use improvements include Wizards that guide users through optimising their experience, improved performance and battery life, and improved usability between operating systems so that people can complete tasks more quickly. Parallels Desktop 10 gets out of the way so customers can think less about the tools being used and more about what’s important. It also offers the choice and freedom to use whatever operating system fits your needs – including OS X Yosemite, OS X Mavericks, Mac OS X Mountain Lion, Windows 8, Windows 7, Chrome OS, Android and a number of Linux operating systems – all on one computer.
New Features and Improvements
Regardless of whether it’s ease-of-use, increased productivity, or better performance, Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac offers improvements across all fronts:
Performance and Optimisation:
· Users can now open Windows documents up to 48 percent faster
· Battery life is extended by up to 30 percent giving people additional work time when they need it most
· Virtual machines use up-to 10 percent less Mac memory
· New virtual machines with default settings launch Office 2013 applications up to 50 percent faster
· Virtual machine only takes as much disk space on the Mac hard drive as it needs. Real-time optimisation automatically compacts virtual disk eliminating the need for periodic manual compacts.
· Free Disk Space Wizard allows to review and clean up space used by Parallels Desktop and Virtual Machines
Easy to get started:
· Now with one click users can select from a number of choices to optimise their virtual machine based on what their primary usage is: productivity, games, design or development
· The new Parallels Control Centre is a one-stop-shop for managing Parallels Desktop; it allows users to manage all their virtual machines and configuration settings from a single place
· Windows installation has been streamlined, with new ways to configure virtual machines
· Regional settings from the Mac are now set by default in Windows virtual machines
Seamless integration for best user experience:
· Users can share files, text or web pages from Windows using Internet accounts configured on their Mac such as Twitter, Facebook, Vimeo, Flickr; or send them via email, AirDrop and Messages.
· When users install a new Windows application, its icon will automatically be added to the OS X Launchpad
· The unread email indicator on Outlook lets users see at a glance the number of unread emails in Outlook, just like with Apple Mail
· Users can drag and drop files to the virtual machine icon in the Dock to open in Windows
· Users also have the ability to easily restore any setting to its default value by clicking the Restore Defaults button in the Virtual Machine Configuration window
· Users can drag and drop files to Mac OS X virtual machines
Availability and Pricing
Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac is available beginning Aug. 20th, as an upgrade for current Parallels Desktop for Mac users. The full version will be available to new customers on www.parallels.com/products/desktop starting Aug. 26th. Packaged software will also be available worldwide starting on Aug. 26th.
The standard retail price (SRP) of Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac is £64.99, and the Student Edition is available for £32.95. Upgrades for existing Parallels Desktop 8 or 9 for Mac customers are £34.99. Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac customers receive a complimentary three-month subscription to the Parallels Access app (www.parallels.com/products/access) for up to 5 Macs and PCs and an unlimited number of iOS and Android mobile devices.
Parallels Desktop for Mac Enterprise Edition software is available via www.parallels.com/products/business.