Twonky have just updated their Twonky Beam Browser for the iPhone and iPad.
Twonky Beam Browser provides you with a simple and familiar way to discover and enjoy Internet videos with your tablet or phone and beam them to your TV or other media players on your home network.
When you visit your favorite websites, or discover new ones, Twonky Beam Browser will display a Twonky Beam button over the media files that you are able beam to your TV or sound system. The home page of Twonky Beam Browser contains links to popular websites with great content you can beam. Browse many pages at once through tabs, with the home page always available to you as the main tab. You can also create and manage bookmarks, so that you can easily find your favorite sites.
A simple tap of the screen will beam the chosen content to your selected player, such as your Airplay enabled, UPnP or DLNA certified device. The beaming mode in Twonky Beam Browser can be toggled on and off, allowing you to use the application to discover and enjoy content locally on your tablet or phone.
One of the best ways to use Twonky Beam Browser is with Internet video, but it also works with audio and photos. You can also create playlists with a queue of multiple selections that will play continuously in the order you added them, or you can change the order and delete items from your queue. It is always possible to continue browsing, either on the current site or another site, while your media plays on the device.
What’s New in Version 3.2.1
• Improved address bar (provides visual cue that address bar can also be used for entering Google search terms)
• Improved accessibility of side panels (configurable option to show buttons at the edge of the screen for accessing side panels)
• Automatically select “This Device” as the renderer when it is the only renderer available
• Improved reliability playing long DTCP-IP encrypted videos
• Resume playback automatically when interrupted by screen lock/unlock
• Added support for more languages (in addition to English and Japanese): French, Italian, German, Spanish, Chinese (simplified), and Chinese (traditional)
[button link="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/twonky-beam-browser/id445754456?mt=8" style="download"]Download now from the Apple App Store[/button]