Iomega Announces New Server Class Series Of High Performance Scalable Network Storage Devices.
New Iomega StorCenter PX Server Class Series Excels with Enterprise Capabilities for SMBs, Remote Offices and Distributed Enterprises:
· Advanced EMC Storage Technology Foundation and EMC E-Lab Tested
· Server Class Drives for Higher Reliability and Continuous Operation
· New EMC LifeLine Software for Industrial Strength Operating Environments
· Certified for Windows, VMware and Citrix
· Ideal Network Storage for SMB Video Surveillance Installations
· Iomega Personal Cloud Technology for Cloud Capabilities at No Incremental Cost
· Diskless to 18TB in Desktop Enclosures, Up to 36TB in Rackmount Arrays
Iomega, an EMC company (NYSE: EMC) and a global leader in data protection, just announced the worldwide launch of the new Iomega StorCenter PX Server Class Series of network storage products, a versatile line of high performance desktop and rackmount NAS devices utilizing server class drives and offering the highest levels of performance and advanced data protection for small- to medium-sized businesses, remote offices and distributed enterprises.
Designed with EMC storage technology, Iomega’s new StorCenter PX Server Class Series incorporates a new version of EMC® LifeLine ™ software with advanced computing features as well as 1TB*, 2TB and 3TB server class SATA drives for higher reliability and continuous operation in critical business functions, such as “always on” video surveillance applications. The new high performance line of Iomega NAS products includes competitively priced four-bay and six-bay desktop models that range from diskless to 18TB of network storage, and four-bay and 12-bay rackmount models that range from diskless to 36TB of network storage.
Advanced Business Features of the new Iomega StorCenter PX Server Class Series
In addition to all the existing standard features included with Iomega network storage devices, the new desktop and rackmount StorCenter PX Server Class Series launches with a new version of EMC® LifeLine™ software that includes advanced features specifically targeted to industrial-strength operating environments, including:
· Configuration Backup and Restore – backup and restore system configuration information, saving various system properties, including users, groups, device identification and share names and permissions. This capability is particularly useful when cloning a configuration across the deployment of multiple systems, such as branch offices and retail locations.
· Scheduled Power – create a power schedule to turn on and off StorCenter PX Server Class Series models, including day and time as well as one-time events or recurring events.
· • Wake-on-LAN – Powers on StorCenter PX Server Class series models when a specific signal is sent over the network. (Wake-On-LAN “magic packet” application not included.) Both scheduled power and Wake on LAN provide state of the art electrical power management to enable customers to minimize AC power footprint for sustainability or to minimize operating costs.
· Encrypted Volume – allows users to secure data on a created encrypted volume with an assigned password. Data on the encrypted volume, including block and file, is only accessible with assigned password.
· SMART Hard Drive Monitor – Continually monitors and reports on the health of all drives in StorCenter PX Server Class Series system.
· Partner Application Download – Supports download and installation of partnered third-party applications, extending functionality and flexibility of StorCenter PX Server Class Series models.
· SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol) – Useful for secure transferring of data between computers over a network. SFTP reads and writes from/to a remote server to a StorCenter PX Server Class Series model.
· Iomega Personal Cloud technology – a revolutionary web-based computing architecture that connects your Iomega StorCenter PX Server Class Series network storage device to other individuals and/or devices via the Internet.
· EMC Atmos – Connect to any EMC Atmos powered cloud storage service provider for secure, offsite storage of data.
· LifeLine Native Video Surveillance Enhancements – In addition to support for Axis® and Panasonic® IP cameras, StorCenter PX Server Class Series models now support configurable resolution settings and parameters for Bosch® IP cameras.
· High performance through optional solid state drives, dual core Intel processors, and up to four GbE NICs and 4GB memory.
· Multiple RAID levels – 0, 1, 10, 5, 5+1 (hot spare) and 6, all with automatic RAID rebuild and hot swap functionality.
· Server Class Pedigree: Certified for VMware® vSphere 5.0, Citrix® XenServer™, Windows ® Server 2003/2008/2008R2.
Video Surveillance Solutions with the StorCenter PX Server Class Series
The new StorCenter PX Server Class Series makes it easy to archive, protect and share physical security video and audio files from anywhere (with an Internet connection). StorCenter PX Server Class Series devices deliver the innovation and convenience of optimizing video surveillance installations from four to 48 IP cameras per device at a fraction of the cost of traditional DVR/NVR installations. Iomega StorCenter devices deliver the missing element from today’s video management systems – the ability to offer storage with advance data protection.
Iomega’s versatile StorCenter network storage family offers three flexible video surveillance storage and management solutions for SMBs and distributed enterprises:
· Surveillance Storage Target – Simplified, scalable network storage for recorded or archived surveillance video.
· Integrated Video Management Systems – Blend smart storage with leading video management software and IP cameras for an integrated, low-cost video surveillance solution.
· Iomega Hosted Video Surveillance Solutions – Leverage the power of cloud storage and the ubiquity of a browser-based video management system interface for a highly cost-effective security solution.
Desktop StorCenter px4-300d and px6-300d Server Class Series
The Iomega® StorCenter™ px4-300d Server Class Series consists of four HDD bays and up to 12TB of storage; the Iomega® StorCenter™ px6-300d Server Class Series is outfitted with six HDD bays and up to 18TB of storage capacity. Both models are available diskless, partially populated and fully populated. Empty bays in both models are fitted with a drive carrier that can accommodate 2.5-inch and 3.5 inch HDD drives, as well as SSD drives for performance-intensive applications.
Rackmount StorCenter px4-300r and px12-350r Server Class Series
With up to 12TB of storage capacity, the Iomega® StorCenter™ px4-300r Network Storage Array Server Class Series features four bays for use with HDDs or SSDs. The px4-300r comes in a space-saving 1U form factor ranging from diskless to fully populated with HDD and/or SSD drives. Iomega’s flagship rackmount unit, the Iomega® StorCenter™ px12-350r Network Storage array Server Class Series, utilizes 12 bays in a 2U form factor that ranges from partially populated with 4TB to fully populated with up to 36TB.
Availability and Warranty
The new Iomega® StorCenter™ PX Server Class Series of network storage devices is now available worldwide.
The desktop Iomega® StorCenter™ px4-300d Network Storage Server Class Series starts at £579.00, the desktop Iomega® StorCenter™ px6-300d Network Storage Server Class Series starts at £649.00, the rackmount Iomega® StorCenter™ px4-300r Network Storage Array Server Class Series starts at £1,329.00, and the rackmount Iomega® StorCenter™ px12-350r Network Storage Array Server Class Series starts at £3,339.00.
The Iomega StorCenter PX Server Class Series includes a standard three-year limited warranty with phone support up to 13 hours a day, five days a week. Optional service plans include Iomega’s Enhanced Service Plan which includes a five-year limited warranty, 24×7 phone support with advance replacement.