StarTech.com, has announced the release of their new 4-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Enclosure (SKU: S354SMTB2R), which enables users to create an external 4-drive RAID array while harnessing the immense bandwidth of Thunderbolt 2 for seamless performance. At nearly twice the speed of Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt 2 eliminates data bottlenecks between the RAID enclosure and host workstation, which is especially valuable to users who routinely work with large external files, such as photographers, videographers and editors.
“Our Thunderbolt 2 Quad-bay RAID Enclosure is the ideal external storage solution for creative professionals” said Juliet Wei, Senior Product Manager for StarTech.com. “It not only offers blazing-fast performance, and a sleek, sturdy housing, but also supports multiple hardware RAID modes and HyperDuo to optimize data protection, performance and drive capacity.”
Features of StarTech.com’s new 4-bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Enclosure include:
- Unprecedented external data throughput, with Thunderbolt 2
- Secure data redundancy and increased performance with support for hardware RAID (0,1, 10)
- HyperDuo Support for near-SSD performance at HDD capacities
- Includes 2m thunderbolt cable
- Added drive protection with aluminum housing
- Built-in Thunderbolt daisy chain port
- Compatible with SATA revisions I/II/III
The price for the StarTech.com’s 4-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Enclosure (SKU: S354SMTB2R) is £450.00 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK. These products will be available from Insight, Misco, Amazon.co.uk and Dabs and is also distributed by Enta, Ingram Micro and Exertis Micro-P.