Exploring LEGO Mindstorms: Tools and Techniques for Building and Programming Robots is the complete guide to getting the most out of LEGO Mindstorms EV3.
Written for hobbyists, young builders and master builders alike, the book walks readers through the fundamentals of robot design, construction and programming using the Mindstorms apparatus and LEGO TECHNIC parts.
Written by Eun Jung (EJ) Park, a recognised authority in LEGO robotics curriculum, Exploring LEGO Mindstorms begins by covering the basics of the software and EV3 features, before letting readers get to work quickly by using projects of increasing complexity. It includes plenty of examples throughout every step.
Designed to teach readers the fundamentals rather than have them follow a ‘recipe’, Exploring LEGO Mindstorms helps users to:
· Get started with robot programming with the starter vehicle, Auto-Driver
· Explore the features of the programmable EV3 brick
· Design the robot’s actions using Action Blocks
· Incorporate environmental sensors using Infrared, Touch and Colour sensors
· Expand the use of data in their program by using data wires with Sensor Blocks
· Process data from the sensors using Data Operations Blocks
· Use Bluetooth and WiFi with EV3
The book also shows readers how to build unique EV3 robots that each present different functions, including: the Spy Rabbit, a robot that can react to its surroundings; a Sea Turtle robot, Mr. Turto; and a Robotic Puppy Guapo.
As well as helping users discover ideas and practices to develop their own method of designing and programming EV3 robots, Exploring LEGO Mindstorms provides extensive guidance – from the very basics of block programming through to data wiring – that will enable them to unlock their EV3 potential and ignite a lasting passion for innovation.
Exploring LEGO Mindstorms is available in paperback and e-book priced £23.99.