Nick over at ASoft has just released a new version of his Windows Home Server V1 add-in AdminiMe.
ASoft AdminiMe for Windows Home Server is a console add-in for Windows Home Server.
It is an add-in that constantly monitors your server without you having to do anything.
As the Home Server is a headless machine that is running non stop for long periods of times, and mostly hidden away in some closet/basement/small room; people don’t look at its ‘health’ to often.
But in reality, it could be that the server’ CPU usage is high for very long periods, or errors are occurring, memory utilization is high,…
To avoid this, you can use AdminiMe! It will monitor your server in the background without you having to do anything. And in case something goes wrong, it will notify you.
Added to this monitoring, it contains a console where you can watch all kinds of parameters in real-time. Things like CPU, memory, network, disks and all kinds of statistics like uptime, longest uptime, # of starts,…
But it doesn’t stop there, it also has shortcuts to the most relevant tools: Event Viewer, Task Manager, Performance Monitor, Remote Desktop.
You also have the option to add your own shortcuts to applications!
And next to that, there is a ‘Run-box’ which has the same functionality as the Windows Run Dialog.
There is also a screen where you can view, which users have open files to the server shares.
All events are kept in a log that can be consulted later on.
The full version number of this release is: 188.8.131.526.
• Top 5 current cpu consuming processes
• Top 5 current memory consuming processes
• Cpu temperature monitoring
• Statistics are kept on the number of shut downs, suspends, resumes, log offs
• Server name is listed in the email
• Server IP Address is listed in the email
• Option to shut down / reboot / … when a serious error occurs
• Execute a process when a failure or error occurs
• Redesign of the user interface
• Option to turn off the chart updates
• Support lnk files / command line switches
• Export logging
• Full support for Simplified Chinese
• A lot of tweaks underneath and some new settings
• The total number of days went into negative after 20+ days running nonstop
• Some GUI advancements
• Some other minor issues
The pricing is made simple; existing users can upgrade and users that bought between 1 October and
23 November 2011 get it for free.
– An upgrade will cost 5€
– The full version 9€
This version is currently only for Windows Home Server V1, but Nick tells me that a Windows Home Server 2011 version will be coming very soon.
[button link="http://www.asoft.be/prod_adminimewhs.html" style="info" window="yes"]Learn more from the Asoft website[/button]